Just saying hello!

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Not an attempt to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if the TBL boards had a Yooper yet? Or is this place getting insanely diverse?

I'm from Wisconsin, which is probably as close as you're going to get. Welcome aboard, neighbor to da nort. (I'm actually wondering if anyone else is going to know what Yooper is, aside from the Wings fan transplant that occasionally shows up)

ClassicMach

Apr 14, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I'm from Wisconsin, which is probably as close as you're going to get. Welcome aboard, neighbor to da nort. (I'm actually wondering if anyone else is going to know what Yooper is, aside from the Wings fan transplant that occasionally shows up)

Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I'm really lookin to get down to Milwaukee this weekend for an Admirals playoff game.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I'm really lookin to get down to Milwaukee this weekend for an Admirals playoff game.

Good thinking - have yet to hit an Admirals game myself, now might be the time though, I'd like to see Forsberg.

I'm from the Madison area, so I was raised on a steady diet of college hockey before I started watching NHL.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Had to google it before you posted ;)

I thought it was someone from Boston, since the mascot for the Red Sox is named Yoopie. I think.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I thought it was someone from Boston, since the mascot for the Red Sox is named Yoopie. I think.

Good thing you said that here, and not Montreal...

-Youppi is the mascot for the Montreal Canadians.
youppi.jpg

-Wally is the red sox mascot:
Wally_the_Green_Monster.JPG

And while we're at it..."yooper" refers to those wonderful people from the Upper Peninsula (non-mitten) of Michigan. I only know one yooper, but, in knowing one, I feel like I now speak their language...or something like that.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Welcome to the boards.

I love Cooper's playstyle. The team looks good, even if we are still loosing... but thats actually a good thing with the draft. I think we look like the Habs from last year. a team with a lot of potential, but had a bad year. we may be able to turn it around with cooper though.

ClassicMach

Apr 14, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Welcome to the boards.

I love Cooper's playstyle. The team looks good, even if we are still loosing... but thats actually a good thing with the draft. I think we look like the Habs from last year. a team with a lot of potential, but had a bad year. we may be able to turn it around with cooper though.

Words cannot express how happy I was that Coop got the nod. I spent a lot of time watching him coach in Green Bay and was really impressed. Just about lost it when I heard he got hired in Norfolk. Guy's a winner everywhere he goes and I love the style he puts on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad