Just realized this about the Realignment

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Being a Canadian fan of the avalanche, just realized that we will not get any games on HNIC.

Being in a division with the flames, nucks, and oilers, the avs would get about 4-6 games a year as the last game of the doubleheader. (Even though it feels like we lost damn near every game in the last 4 years on HNIC)

I know there are streams but it's a better feeling watching the Avs on HNIC

I guess the only fanbase that could relate would be canadian minny fans, as the leafs still have all their previous division incorporated into the new "Atlantic" division.

:(

EDIT: Also less games on TSN, as they like to show the Western Canadian teams too. Damn.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
hnic commentators suck anyway

i mean respect to bob cole and all, but hearing him call players from the 70s with the same numbers/names (Steve Duschesne, for example) just pretty tiring

and mark lee is just terrible

give me cuthbert or miller, with ferraro at ice level, any day of the week

(and nothing beats having a heart attack every 5 seconds listening to moser on the radio :D)

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
I also heard something about RDS picking up some Avs games?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's kind of nice to have HNIC do Avs games, especially if an Av is an After Hours guest. That'll be missed. Also nice when they dedicate some hotstove commentary, or even Don Cherry chimes in about something, whether it's way off base or not.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's probably a bit of randomness if there are no Avs games on HNIC this year, since Avs still play Oilers, Canucks and Flames three times each every season.

I guess games vs Winnipeg are too early for the second game of the double header but Avs will see them five times this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's kind of nice to have HNIC do Avs games, especially if an Av is an After Hours guest. That'll be missed. Also nice when they dedicate some hotstove commentary, or even Don Cherry chimes in about something, whether it's way off base or not.

That was a good thing about Avs being on CBC. I liked when they brought an Avs player on After Hours. Roy and/or MacKinnon probably would have been on there this season if we played on CBC.

They'll still talk about the Avs on hot stove if Friedman hears something and I'm sure Cherry will add his two cents if the Avs are playing well. He was saying good things about Roy in the playoffs when the rumours first started.

It's probably a bit of randomness if there are no Avs games on HNIC this year, since Avs still play Oilers, Canucks and Flames three times each every season.

I guess games vs Winnipeg are too early for the second game of the double header but Avs will see them five times this year.

The Montreal game in November is listed as a CBC game on NHL.com but that could be only in Montreal/East or in French. The Oilers play that night so I think most people in Canada will get that game.

I get CI every year so I don't mind if there are less Avs games on CBC, TSN, SN, etc. That means no Glenn Healy, Ray Ferraro, Roger Millions, John Garrett, etc. It's always a good thing when you don't have to hear those guys during an Avs game.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Yeah, this is going to suck. The first time I'm legitimately excited to see the Avs on tv in years and I won't be able to.

Oh well, c'est-la-vie.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
That was a good thing about Avs being on CBC. I liked when they brought an Avs player on After Hours. Roy and/or MacKinnon probably would have been on there this season if we played on CBC.

They'll still talk about the Avs on hot stove if Friedman hears something and I'm sure Cherry will add his two cents if the Avs are playing well. He was saying good things about Roy in the playoffs when the rumours first started.

The Montreal game in November is listed as a CBC game on NHL.com but that could be only in Montreal/East or in French. The Oilers play that night so I think most people in Canada will get that game.

I get CI every year so I don't mind if there are less Avs games on CBC, TSN, SN, etc. That means no Glenn Healy, Ray Ferraro, Roger Millions, John Garrett, etc. It's always a good thing when you don't have to hear those guys during an Avs game.

As it stand right now , it's a 10pm Eastern time start . So chances are that it will be a coast to coast double header on CBC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->