Just read this by Kostitsyn's agent.....(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
We will see what happens with him but right now I'm glad I didn't take him in any of my FHL drafts.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Shocking that his agent would say there is no issue with his health

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
DAFRANCHZ said:
What do you expect him to say then?

I was sort of thinking he'd say something like: "My client's health is dismal. Maybe even abysmal. He's got no future as a hockey player other than maybe in a Russian vodka league."

Kidding, kidding...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Chaos said:

I'm not sure about the intent of your post. Are you implying this is one huge cover up from both one of the most respected doctor in Quebec, the Habs and Kostitsyn's agent ? What would be the use ? If Kostitsyn's situation was indeed problematic don't you think that Dr. Mulder would tell the habs management so they could cut their loss ?

This is getting ridiculous. Kostitsyn's future as a NHLer is not at risk because of his health at all. Now he just has to go on the ice and show what he is made of just like any other prospect out there.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
E = CH² said:
I'm not sure about the intent of your post. Are you implying this is one huge cover up from both one of the most respected doctor in Quebec, the Habs and Kostitsyn's agent ? What would be the use ? If Kostitsyn's situation was indeed problematic don't you think that Dr. Mulder would tell the habs management so they could cut their loss ?

This is getting ridiculous. Kostitsyn's future as a NHLer is not at risk because of his health at all. Now he just has to go on the ice and show what he is made of just like any other prospect out there.

His agent says there is no issue with health, while at the same time he is being treated for epilepsy....tell me how that makes sense.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chaos said:
His agent says there is no issue with health, while at the same time he is being treated for epilepsy....tell me how that makes sense.

It's not that hard to figure out, thousands of people around the world live with this disorder, and with medication it's controlled...and as mentionned througout this thread, he wasn't receiving the proper medication and he had a relapse in Montreal, he was treated with the proper medication and now he's fine, it's pretty black and white, one of the leading neuroligical doctors in NA has said so, do you think he would put his practice on the line, when he is not exclusively employed by the Habs? The kid himself has said that it dosen't affect his play and so has his agent, what more do you want, you want to give him a physical exam yourself?

Your post dosen't make sense, your basically implying that all people with epilepsy aren't healthy, I know two people who have epilepsy, and if they didn't tell me they had, I wouldn't have known. it's a disorder...I know people here jump at the chance to bash any Habs players, but please, this is a dead issue, none of us here are neurological surgeons, so let's take the experts word...everybody's got a PHd now? Player Hater degree? :p:

Last edited:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Chaos said:

Kostitsyn's agent never denied that his client has a disease. By saying that, he obviously meant that Kostitsyn's condition will have zero impact on his client's NHL career.

What were you thinking ?

Last edited:

Next Best Thing*

This is stupid. The habs drafted Kostytsin and they knew what they got themselves into, so right now he's our problem and arguing about it won't do jack.

Besides, who cares about whatever his "stock" is worth. We are not trading him, and Timmins is more than qualified to assess his readiness NHL wise if that's even what this is about.

As for problems on the ice... what are you guys, wizards with a crystal ball? Go back to Dungeon 'n Dragons then. Until he doesn't spaz out in the middle of a one-timer and decapitates the goalie instead of shooting the puck there is NO way of knowing if this is an actual problem for him or not.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Calm down everyone.

Bobby Clark had diabetes and was the best two-way player of his time. Boby Orr played on one leg for most of his career and was the best player of his time. Frank Mahovlich saw phantoms at times but was a great NHL player. Guy Lafleur admited in his biography he dranked like hell after and.. before the games but was the best player of his time. Mario Lemieux was known to smoke... and was the best player of his time with Gretzky.

So, lets just wait and see what will become Kostsytsin.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
E = CH² said:
Kostitsyn's agent never denied that his client has a disease. By saying that, he obviously meant that Kostitsyn's condition will have zero impact on his client's NHL career.

What were you thinking ?

All he said was there was no issue with Kostitsyn's health....Kostitsyn has epilepsy..thats an issue with his health..I never said it would affect his NHL future....

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
417 TO MTL said:
It's not that hard to figure out, thousands of people around the world live with this disorder, and with medication it's controlled...and as mentionned througout this thread, he wasn't receiving the proper medication and he had a relapse in Montreal, he was treated with the proper medication and now he's fine, it's pretty black and white, one of the leading neuroligical doctors in NA has said so, do you think he would put his practice on the line, when he is not exclusively employed by the Habs? The kid himself has said that it dosen't affect his play and so has his agent, what more do you want, you want to give him a physical exam yourself?

Your post dosen't make sense, your basically implying that all people with epilepsy aren't healthy, I know two people who have epilepsy, and if they didn't tell me they had, I wouldn't have known. it's a disorder...I know people here jump at the chance to bash any Habs players, but please, this is a dead issue, none of us here are neurological surgeons, so let's take the experts word...everybody's got a PHd now? Player Hater degree? :p:

And I NEVER said it would affect his play on the ice...its as simple as this: His agent says there is no issue with his health. Wouldn't you consider epilepsy an issue with his health? Im not implying anything at all..but thanks for trying to read my mind.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chaos said:
And I NEVER said it would affect his play on the ice...its as simple as this: His agent says there is no issue with his health. Wouldn't you consider epilepsy an issue with his health? Im not implying anything at all..but thanks for trying to read my mind.

Just because someone has epilepsy, doesn't mean their not healthy, and YES, that's what you were implying, Derek Morris has a more severe form of epilepsy, yet it's not affected his career to date, all i'm saying is, yes, he has a disorder, but it's controllable with medication...

people who aren't healthy don't play intense sports vs. world class athletes

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
417 TO MTL said:
Just because someone has epilepsy, doesn't mean their not healthy, and YES, that's what you were implying, Derek Morris has a more sever form of epilepsy, yet it's not affecte his career to date, all i'm saying is, yes, he has a disorder, but it's controllable with medication...

people who aren't healthy don't play intense sports vs. world class athletes

I never said he wasnt healthy...but that is an issue with his health...that is a fact. Any disease or disorder is an issue with health, whether or not it affects that persons performance. Yes its controllable, and with proper medication, Im sure it wont affect his on ice performance..but that doesnt change the fact that epilepsy is an issue with his health.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Chaos said:
All he said was there was no issue with Kostitsyn's health....Kostitsyn has epilepsy..thats an issue with his health..I never said it would affect his NHL future....

Nice try getting out of this one... :rolleyes:

Or is reading between the lines a foreign concept for you ?

Last edited:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
E = CH² said:
Nice try getting out of this one... :rolleyes:

Or is reading between the lines a foreign concept for you ?

Trying to get out of what? Please point me to where I said it would affect his NHL future...and why should I read between the lines? Im simply reading what his agent said...how ****ing hard is that to understand?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Chaos said:
Trying to get out of what? Please point me to where I said it would affect his NHL future...and why should I read between the lines? Im simply reading what his agent said...how ****ing hard is that to understand?

Why should you have read between the lines ? First because it was the most logical thing to do and second because it would have spared you from having to get into arguments over futile matters with the people that did use logic.

Let me explain in simple words why four people in this thread misinterpreted (or did they?) what you said/meant/implied with your first comment.

By your own admission you said this with sarcasm :

Chaos said:

By reading the article it is obvious that Kostitsyn's agent is aware of his client condition and is not denying it.

Then by using logic and by putting the sentence "There is no issue with Andrei's health" in context within the article it's even more obvious that Kostitsyn's agent meant there was no concern that Kostitsyn's health would make it harder for him to have a succesful NHL career rather than litteraly saying Kostitsyn was perfectly healthy.

At this point someone using logic would deduce your sarcastic reply imply that you are not surprised that Kostitsyn's agent denied his condition would affect his career. What else could you possibly mean by saying what you said ? The only logical explanation that came to our mind was that you were doubting it would have no effect.

I guess we were all wrong and you were simply arguing semantic over a sentence translated from Russian and taken out of context by using sarcasm with no intent whatsoever to imply anything or convey any personal thoughts on this matter.

Personally I thought our first assumption made more sense... but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->