Post-Game Talk: Just not good enough, Jets lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Trading Ehlers sends the wrong message about this team and to it's fans, frankly I don't see it happening but if it does it will greatly sour me on this team.........................I will eventually get over it.

If they make a "hockey trade" involving Ehlers tomorrow I'd hop on the bandwagon of conspiracy theorists that think that Chevy is more in danger of losing his job than anyone else in the organization.
I can't see any in-season player for player trade that would result in any meaningful improvement in the short or long term. Especially long term, I'd imagine a desperation trade would be something like Ehlers for Getzlaf which would probably end up setting the Jets back for years in hopes that Getzlaf would improve the team in the short-term.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Well --I'm watching the Scotties and our Manitoba women are up 2-1 in a great game over Rachel Homan of Ontario. Great exciting game, and would love to see Earnison bring home the women's champoinship to Manitoba, where it belongs. It will be her 1st one --she's from Gimli, Man,

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Emotionless Jets fans?

N3yrwU.gif
Arthur Pudy

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If they make a "hockey trade" involving Ehlers tomorrow I'd hop on the bandwagon of conspiracy theorists that think that Chevy is more in danger of losing his job than anyone else in the organization.
I can't see any in-season player for player trade that would result in any meaningful improvement in the short or long term. Especially long term, I'd imagine a desperation trade would be something like Ehlers for Getzlaf which would probably end up setting the Jets back for years in hopes that Getzlaf would improve the team in the short-term.

If Chevy traded Ehlers for Getzlaf --there would be many Jet's fans found hanging dead in their basements. I think I'd be one !!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this. I agree that posting the same inane talking point over and over can be tiresome. That being said, we're all clearly heavily invested in the success or lack of success of this team. Of course there's going to be emotion there. I think a number of us can't shake the sinking feeling that the best days of this group are behind them and that should make people mad after the bright future this group logically should have had after 2017. And if strange roster and usage decisions are going to be made continuously, they should also be pointed out continuously.

And for the record, the header of the website refers to HFBoards as an "NHL message board" ;)

I agree. “Message board” or “discussion board” doesn’t mean everything will be positive all the time, especially when the team is playing poorly.

As you mentioned, we are heavily invested in the team. We are dedicated “super fans” essentially. Of course there will be emotion behind posts. It’s not all cupcakes and rainbows sometimes but I feel as long as one is being respectful to the rules of the boards and to fellow posters, then negativity (with or without emotion behind it) should most certainly be allowed.

Just my $0.02

None

Feb 22, 2012
He got called out in presser?

Paul Maurice said:
"His work, y'know... We'll get on an idea on the ice, a puck, a player, and he stays on it, right. He doesn't loop; he's not soft... Uhm, not only willing to put a puck to the net off the rush with those two guys comin'. Which is smart, so he's not forcing plays to 'em but also hands; showed the hands to make the play to Wheeler on the goal. Made the change because I wasn't getting any of that beforehand."

Comes across as pretty incoherent rambling when put to text, but without ever naming Ehlers he basically called him soft and too fancy with the puck I think.
For context on the quote he was asked about the line change; moving Harkins up to replace Ehlers.

Edit: Misheard Munz's question, removed relevant part.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Trading Ehlers sends the wrong message about this team and to it's fans, frankly I don't see it happening but if it does it will greatly sour me on this team.........................I will eventually get over it.

Ehlers is going to demand a trade with Mo’s dismal usage and criticism of him, a Jets of course will come up on the short end of a trade!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Mistook the second part because I couldn't hear Munz's question, Munz asked whether Scheifele and Wheeler were afraid to give Harkins the puck. It wasn't Maurice excusing Scheifele and Wheeler like I initially thought.

It doesn't really change what Maurice implied about Ehlers though, he clearly just doesn't like the way Ehlers plays hockey. He also pretty obviously doesn't view him as a fit in any of his 2-man pairings that he likes to talk about.

Ehlers is twice as productive as our captain at even strength situations. Old man Wheelers stats are more padded (pplay, EN situations) than my third girlfriend's bra.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Ehlers is twice as productive as our captain at even strength situations. Old man Wheelers stats are more padded (pplay, EN situations) than my third girlfriend's bra.
Just compared their stats/60, ehlers is more productive than wheeler for most of them (not at all of them) but he isn’t even close to being twice as productive is any stat.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I dont understand how both Maurice and Wheeler can like the game against Buffalo and the chances we generated. We generated what, one shot on goal during the entire second half of the third period. You know, when we needed to generate some offense being down in a one goal game.

These guys should be furious and talk about that being unacceptable at this point in time in the season when fighting for a playoff spot.

In business, some business leaders mistake activity for accomplishment. In hockey. Maurice mistakes zone time for winning. Perimeter zone time with no scoring chances and no scoring has little value if you are already losing.

Instead, Maurice throws the only guy who could gain the zone and who set up our best thord period scoring chance publically under the bus. I mean in what world does this make any sense at all? It's like they want Ehlers to demand a trade.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
At least our 4th rounder won't turn into a 3rd rounder. Time to start oiling up the gears on the tank
It will turn into a 3rd if we re-sign Eakin. Though if you watch closely and read the subtle body language and voice tone cues, you might get the sense that he's not as excited about being on the Jets as he let on in that intermission interview... :sarcasm:

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Last 3 seasons Ehlers 105 even strenght points toi: 2872,15........ Wheeler has 107 points toi : 3275,00 so yeah Wheeler have 2 more points playing around 400 min. more then Ehlers... well maybe Ehlers points are inflated playing with Scheifele for the last 3 seasons? ohhh..I guess not..

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Interesting theory. Any particularly explanation as to why when "moving guys around" that Wheeler or anyone else for that matter aren't the ones who are left playing fewer minutes to spread the offence around?
I'm not defending Wheeler , i don't think Wheeler should be on the 1st line anymore ,period . I like Ehlers and i think Maurice was trying to get another line going by putting Ehlers there . I would have Scheifele with Ehlers and Laine as the 1st line but not having Little or a true second line center is hurting us . But our massive problem is that we have 3 NHL defenseman and 3 bad defenseman , BooBoo , Poolman and Bitetto are horrible and as @LowLefty said none of them can give a lead pass on the sticks of our forwards . Poolman loses or bobbles a puck as soon as he stops looking at the puck .

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->