Just Make The Call !!!

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
During these playoffs, I've seen one referee in particular, who seems extremely intent on evening up any calls that he makes. There have been occasions where 2 players are engaged closely, usually as a result of a foul being committed...hook, hold, slash, or interferance. This referee has shown remarkable restraint in making the call that drew his initial attention. I've witnessed this individual watch both players from 7 to 10 seconds, until the fouled player gets frustrated with the lack of a whistle, and responds with an action that'll allow this referee to send BOTH players off . It's almost as if he is looking for that second infraction, before he will whistle the play, and make his call.

It's been my understanding that referees selected to work the playoff games are the best that the league has available. During seasons past, I've been accustomed to seeing the officials be firm and decisive when making their calls. I appreciate that some calls will be missed, and that's to be expected. I won't fault an official for that, but this newer version whereby the objective is to apparently "even-up" calls made just doesn't sit well. I guess that I expect the officials to have the courage of their convictions, and just call them as they see them.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Watching the Q game right now, doesn't seem to be just an OHL phenomenon.Happened a couple times so far here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad