Just how long or short are tackla 9000s

PS12

Jun 28, 2013
Im shopping for new pants. I currently use ccms. No idea about the model number.

Im looking to upgrade my pants. Having read this forum i see that ccms tend to run shorter. Which makes sense that im currently using ccms.

Im 5'4" 30-31 inch waist and the stealth rs2 felt a tad long in the small.

I can go try on ccms at my lhs but cant really try the tacklas.

Also i found on this forum that a 46 tackla would be 26 inches long. I think they said 50 and 48 were 28 and 27 inches long with an inch difference between waist sizes.

What i wish i could find is the inseam length. I can probably order the tacklas and return it if the length isnt right. Im thinking -2 inches on a 46.

Lol i should pm this to aireaye since hes the one that mentioned ccms run shorter and he really likes the tacklas. But anytime i search for hockey pants for short players i usually get hockey pants for taller players.

Reason for upgrade is i play in a non check league but i seem to have a target on me. Im a clean player and i always try to backcheck. No matter what league i play in i tend to draw tons of penalties. I also like blocking slapshots. Gotta upgrade my helmet too but i can easily try those on at the lhs.

So would ordering a -2 46 tackla be a good idea or go for ccms since i can try those on.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well I'm 5'7 and I wear size 50 Tacklas, they are a good length on me, could maybe be a bit shorter but that's fine. I think 46 at stock length would probably be fine for you if you don't mind them being right at the knee cap.

PS12

Jun 28, 2013
I think right at the knee cap is a good fit isnt it?

Thanks.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah. For adults, most wouldn't want them any longer than the mid point of the kneecap. Kids would want to go lower.

Have you had any chance to try something in JR XL? Perhaps a Bauer Nexus/older Supreme, or even a Reebok pant that features a +1" zipper?

PS12

Jun 28, 2013
Thats a great suggestion. I will have to look at jr xl and try them on. The nexus are cut roomier and if the legs are shorter than a senior small this will work out great. Time to go try some pants on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad