Just heard on the radio Bylsma is expected to be our next assistant

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Well to his credit he did make it to the Cup in '08, and won in '09...That says sumthin.
Therien was the coach of the 2008 team, and I wasn’t exactly impressed with his coaching effort in 2009. Had our team not been destroyed by injuries, we would have repeated. He then underperformed with two top twenty players of all time for the next 6 years or so.

Last edited:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Therien was the coach of the 2008 team, and I wasn’t exactly impressed with his coaching effort in 2009. Had our team not been destroyed by injuries, we would have repeated. He then underperformed with two twenty players of all time for the next 6 years or so.
Oh crap - that's right about Therrien...Totally forgot about that.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It'd certainly be hard to do any worse on the PP (24th)

or the PK (23rd)

or Goal scoring (28th)

or Goals Against (23rd)

or ROWs (30th)...
4012225.jpg

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Gallant disagrees.

I think this "beat kids over the head with their mistakes until they become so scared to make any that they stop playing anything even sort of approaching actual hockey" is absolutely asinine, and is a large part of why the team has stopped being fun to watch and why the kids we bring up tend to stagnate.

Lets not pretend that Gallant would not ride AA's ass and park his lazy ass on the bench if he gave GG the same lazy, inconsistent effort that he gives Blash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad