Proposal: Just for fun...what would you offer for Karlsson?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Not sure if the mods will be upset with a dedicated thread for this, but we'll see.
Karlsson is being sold at a loss, so "someone" should be getting a good player at a good price. If you were Chevy, what would you offer for him? (if nothing, then no need to post a reply). Feel free to include a conditional player/pick suggestion if he re-signs.
(Note: I know there is a Jets-Karlsson thread on the trade board, but that is for opinions on a specific offer. In this one, I'm looking for trade suggestions)

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
1st, Myers, one of Roslovic/Veslainen

or

1st, Trouba, one of Petan/Dano

The price might be a bit rich for some here but Karlsson is so worth it!

Reactions: jgimp

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Connor, Myers, 2019 1st, 2020 1st(conditional,

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Myers, PA and a 2nd if ottawa really wants to move him. Probably need to be a 1st but that's what I would start negotiating with.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
with extension id offer

Myers/Niku/1st/Roslovic

OR

Trouba/Vesalainen

not sure how close there are in valuation. Trouba although superior to the first package, has some risk signing in OTT obviously

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Trouba, Copp, Petan, and Berdin. 1st conditonal. Ottawa could trade Trouba then.

i'll tell you, with Karlsson on the point and Buff around the net, Jets would easily have the best PP in the league. Like Scotty Bowman's Detroit good. But it's the salary cap era, can't be selfish, you build from d&d. 4 assets for 1 is a desperation move usually. Or all in to win, I suppose.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nothing as we can't afford to have him making 11 million per season on our roster.
The Jets could fit him, but only at the cost of Trouba and Wheeler. They would need to trade Trouba and another player like Myers or Kulikov this season to make room, and wouldn't be able to re-sign Wheeler next season, though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets in 2019/20 and beyond, with Karlsson, and cap space to spare... (Trouba and Myers traded this season, Kulikov after this season, no Wheeler in 2019/20, Connor bridged at $3M). LD is a bit weak, but Jets would probably have a bit more cap room to bring in a better LD if the cap goes up again next year.

Jets 2019 Karlsson.png

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Off the top of my head

Trouba
Vesalainen
1st
Petan

That's if he was actually willing to sign for 8 years here.

Sounds like it would be better for Ottawa than some of the trash offers that have been rumored lol

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I doubt he'd be open to extending here so it would have to be quantity over quality for me.

Myers
Perreault
Stanley
Lemieux
2019 1st

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Offering 1/4 of our team for one player, no matter how good he is, and paying him 11 million a year? Nope, sorry. Not a smart move.
Our cupboards are already starting to thin out.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Would only consider including Trouba if he won’t sign long term (5+ years). I think he wants to sign, at a fair (you can debate what is fair) value for a player of his ability. I don’t move him. I’m not moving Connor either. The kid is a fantastic scoring winger. Currently a complementary piece who will soon be a key core piece.

Buff would have to go the other way. Which is fine. Jets could not afford King K’s $11 mill and Buff’s $7.6 mill annual hits. Karlsson would replace Buff offensively, and on pp, and is much younger.

I’d offer:

Buff
Perreault
Stanley
2019 2nd

If Myers+ could get a young C, we’d be in business.

Sens likely don’t go for it, but I’m not going to give away our great young players with team control for a player who had a very disappointing season last year with some mobility issues at times from a heal injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->