OT: Just for Fun - to mess with Blundell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Just a thought I'd throw this out there (going crazy waiting for the draft)... I don't have a twitter account (too much damn work! :shakehead) ... but I was wondering, as a board, what if we came up with a crazy Leafs trade that was VERY specific ... had a few people tweet - tagging Blundell - that they heard it from a friend who's connected, or overheard an agent at a restaurant, etc .... and see how long until that very trade gets said on his show as coming from a "reputable source"?

Something like a Kessel deal to FLorida (the realistic part), but that the Leafs REALLY want Houser or McCoshen coming back with #11 (the specific part). Or come up with a realistic deal for a team we know isn't in the mix - like WPG - saying that they're apparently REALLY after Kessel to replace Kane.

Maybe we could try a few trades with different people we suspect are of "Eklund" quality (not Eklund, that's just too easy! haha).

Thoughts?

Again - looking for entertainment while waiting 2 days, 22 hours, and 46 minutes until the draft! :laugh: Sorry if this is a waste of time ... just thought I'd throw it out there as a fun, pre-draft bonding exercise! :popcorn:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
how is a twitter account too much damn work?

This seems like a very immature idea.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
how is a twitter account too much damn work?

This seems like a very immature idea.

I'd consider it more of a social experiment.

We suspect some of these fringe guys like Blundell to troll the net to come up with complete BS in order to boost ratings - you don't think it would be fun to prove it?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Things that come up in trade speculation is no different than any of us posters here scouring teams salary caps to see where a player we might be peddling fits. They can root around and come up with something easily. Fitting salary cap,rebuild or contender in to the process gives plenty of angles.

These speculation's are easy to come up with if that's your intention.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I have 2 angles on this draft that I haven't discussed yet that's is being completely missed. If I put it up it would be likely on tsn or sports et within 24 hours. I'll wait until morning of the draft though so I can look smart all alone lol.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
There is enough chatter on here for media people to be interested in reading it. I have seen them use stuff off here just right after it was put up here. They definitely read hfboards.

Yup. Bob McKenzie used to post here on HF, actually. Then he got pissed off, called everyone a bunch of assclowns and left :laugh:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I was going to say, you think posting it here is the best way to keep it a secret?

Those morons visit this board daily to come up with content.

Actually its a compliment to posters that they take note here. They are lazy maybe or in a haze for ideas. They aren't morons though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad