Just curious who has seen a Penguins home game

Have Ever Been to A Penguins Home Game?

• Total voters

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I’ve gone to 4-5 games at Ottawa to watch the Pens including game 3 last playoffs (Pens won 3-2). I was at Montreal for game 6 of the 2010 playoffs and I did a trip to Pittsburgh for the 2012 draft when we picked Määttä, Murray and traded Staal.

Great memories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudy Russo

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Still something that is on my to do list before I die!!!
See them every game in Montreal, and I've seen them in Ottawa and Toronto
If Quebec gets a team will definitely go there as well

I would not only go to Pittsburgh, but a road trip to Tampa/Florida is also something I would love to do
Wife mentioned going back to Vegas, so I will plan that one :)
My wife and I saw Vegas play Toronto on New Years Eve, and I liked the arena and bars/ restaurants by T-Mobile arena.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Two trips to the Paint Pot, six games. November 2016 & November 2017. Current record is 5-1.

Seen them three times in Montréal with a 2-1 record

Six times in Ottawa with a 2-4 record

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Many times when I lived in pa. I’ve seen mario pre and post retirement, and multiple playoff games.

I’ve only seen Crosby and Malkin play at away arenas.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
11/23/78. First visit to the Igloo.

I think I predated you by a couple years...I think 1976-77, but I don’t remember the exact date...wow...I was a wee one and a friend’s dad took a bunch of kids to a more than half-empty hockey game...had no idea what I was watching...don’t even remember watching much or having any interest in hockey then...but years later I did develop an interest and was invited to Mario’s debut at the Igloo...if only I had kept that ticket stub... ;)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Been to an igloo home game 2007. Also saw them play at the Montreal Forum back in the day... 1970. Jean Beliveau (my idol) and Henri Richard both had goals in a 5-4 Habs win. The amazing thing was it was almost as loud when the Pens scored as it was when the Canadiens did.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
3 games at PPG Paints (I live 9 hours away, so it's a trip),

1) 2016 SCF Game 2
2) 2017 SCF Game 2
3) Regular season game this year

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Been to both.

I normally go to 3-4 games a year, but this year was actually my first time going for a playoff game at PPG/Consol.

I went to several Igloo playoff games, most on the outside tv though.

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
First game I ever went to was at the igloo on March 10, 2001. Jagr hat trick in a 6-3 win against the Flames. I got to watch Lemieux and Jagr live and that was the day I became a fan for life. I was 10 and had never really seen hockey before but my dad was given 3 tickets so we went. When Jagr scored his 3rd goal and the igloo began to rock and hats flying everywhere I was in awe and hooked. Shame ‘01 ended to the Devs and I became I fan directly as the ‘X-Generation’ began stinking up rinks nation wide for 5 years. I did go to 20-30 games in that span though because they were basically giving away tickets with student rush promo. I was even at the game the Pens came out to the student rush line to pass out pizza after they began winning again and the line for rush tickets was a mile long in the snow. I’ve moved to Florida so I don’t get the games in Pitt as much but I’ve been to the Consol 3-4 times. I do make the pens panthers games in Ft. Lauderdale every year and I made the ‘16 ECF game 3 in Tampa.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Been to both arenas on many occasions. First game when I was 6 was at the Igloo.

I've also seen the Pens win in every round of the playoffs, finals included. Seen them in St. Louis and Columbus as well. Probably 20+ Pens games in Columbus over the years. That's probably a low estimate.

I've spent a lot of time driving back and forth between Columbus and Pittsburgh..

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Been to both. When I was a kid we would go to a game as a family at the Igloo and i'd be in awe of Lemieux. SCF experiences are beyond anything i've ever witnessed before. They have a level of energy that is not explainable. And I was there on Sid's hat trick on hat night.

Also played in both the Igloo/Consol. Mellon's ice was way better but it was a terribly disgusting place. :laugh:
Interesting observation. Seems the media rarely mentions ice quality.

Have a theory about why the ice got worse after taking a half of a century technological leap? It's frustrating given the team's identity.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Real question is if you played at the War Memorial because that is the grossest rink.

I remember going to a tournament there after 9/11 and at the rink they had Bin Laden posters up with gun sights on him saying WANTED.

Also, bought my first Synergy stick there with like a year worth of savings from my paper route. Didn’t help my shot.. maybe it was the Lidstrom blade..

The War Memorial will always go down as one of the worst rinks I have ever played in. Golden Mile will always be my number one simply because the ice surface was just plain terrible. Then there was Rostraver Ice Gardens and their below freezing locker room temperatures hahahaha. I never really liked the Synergy sticks, I went with the TPS Response instead

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Just the Igloo for me. BB&t whatever the heck in sunrise and Amalie whatever the crap it's called now in Tampa multiple times as well

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
seen the banner raising this year, was pretty awesome to see live, then seen Jimerson right next to me next game which was even more epic
jimerson.jpg

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
PPG.jpg

Apologies for the large pic, but after my (1st) back surgery I wanted to do something for myself. This was taken against the Canes on 4/2/2017 . Hornqvist damn near spilled my beer in the 1st period :laugh: (2nd visit).

First game I went to at PPG was Game 5 against the Rags in 2016

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

icon6668

Jul 22, 2012
I'm from new Zealand, and been to 3 Mellon Arena Pens games in the past and maybe 5 Pens games in Western Canada. Don't see myself ever getting out to PPG with my situation now.

May 17, 2009
Maine
I think I predated you by a couple years...I think 1976-77, but I don’t remember the exact date...wow...I was a wee one and a friend’s dad took a bunch of kids to a more than half-empty hockey game...had no idea what I was watching...don’t even remember watching much or having any interest in hockey then...but years later I did develop an interest and was invited to Mario’s debut at the Igloo...if only I had kept that ticket stub... ;)

If it wasn't against the Habs and the night before Thanksgiving, I would not have remembered the date. Went to a ton of games in the early 80s with my Dad and a few with friends. $8.00 seats in D Section!!

Reactions: Andy99

NV Pens Fan

Apr 22, 2018
I've been to both. Fortunate to see the 2009 Banner raising in Mellon, the 2016 Banner raising in PPG, and caught 2 finals games in Pittsburgh in 2016 and 3 last year. Have also seen a finals game in Detroit in 2009 (was game 5 blowout loss, but they won the next two, so it was all good), saw them in Vegas and San Jose this year (flew myself down from Reno) and my favorite of all time was seeing them win the Cup in San Jose in 2016.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Got to see Mario play at the Igloo multiple times when my parents took me as a kid. I knew he was great, but I don't think I grasped at the time what a privilege it was to see him play. I got to see a few student rush games during the dark times, even though I went to school out of state. Once the PPG opened, I had moved to Phoenix for work. Even so I've managed to see a few Pens games in Pittsburgh while home for visits, as well as plenty out in Phoenix, and even a playoff game in Washington (we lost, it was still awesome).

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I moved here in 03. Went to the igloo twice. Now that I'm older and I make money I go to 3 to 5 a year at Consol

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does it count if it was 1995?

I've only been to 2 NHL games in my lifetime.

Penguins/Blackhawks in 1995, and Flyers/Devils in the 2005-06 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad