just became a bigger fan of Taylor Hall

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Looks like McDavid mailed it in again ?

Gonna be hard pressed keeping up with Kuch and #showtime.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
When you've won 6 Stanley Cups you're allowed to be as cocky as you want.
Perhaps Taylor should start scoring some game winning goals, and maybe his team wouldn't be 30th place in the league.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Douche comment by Anderson and disrespectful comment by Hall.

That's the exact reason we only got Larsson for Hall... everyone knew he was a dick head.

Anderson should have replied... "I would punch you in the head but I have so many Cup rings that I have so put them on both of my hands and I wouldn't want to get any of your blood on them."

Facts:
  • There are more GWG in today's game than there were when Anderson played.
  • Anderson ranks 27th OA in regular season GWG with 85 (6 less than Gretzky and 11 more than Mario)
  • 7th OA in playoff GWG with 17
  • 3rd OA in OTG in the playoffs with 5
  • Glenn Anderson was a clutch player that came through in big games.
If they had 4 on 4 OT or 3 on 3 OT back then, Anderson would have been much higher in GWG.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Perhaps Taylor should start scoring some game winning goals, and maybe his team wouldn't be 30th place in the league.

Or if he REALLY wants to be like Anderson, he should just go play on a team with 3-5 100+ point players.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Oh yes Taylor Hall known the world around for his legendary humility.
He became the greatest and most humble human on this planet when he was traded to the Devils. Happened over night. This is just further proof of that.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Don't get me wrong, I like the player, but answer is plain dumb...No matter how you look at the math, it is much easier to score the GWG when you are the top dog on the team, than scoring the GWG when you play on a team with Gretz, Mess, Kurri and Coffey, just to name a few... Even if the former wins 8-3...

Gretzky himself has 91 which is one less than Jeremy Roenick, tied with Mark Recchi. Lemieux has 74, two behind Jeff Carter.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
*****e comment by Anderson and disrespectful comment by Hall.

That's the exact reason we only got Larsson for Hall... everyone knew he was a dick head.

Anderson should have replied... "I would punch you in the head but I have so many Cup rings that I have so put them on both of my hands and I wouldn't want to get any of your blood on them."

I don't get all the bitter-bear dislike for Hall in this thread. It's pretty obvious that Whitney was telling this story because he thought it was funny and representative of Hall's entertaining personality, not an example of some some telling character flaw. I'm sure guys that that who've played with him have a better handle on what kind of guy he is than random internet posters who heard a story from a guy their friends sister used to date

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
No! it just shows how big of an ass clown he is!!! Imagine Gretz prancing around with tattoo “GOAT” plastered across his chest and reliving his glory years boasting to anyone who will listen? People would get sick of him real quick!

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
People think either Hall is pissed/salty or that he's messing around.

That's why tweeting/texting can be a weakness. Sarcasm is nothing without the tone of someone's voice.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah. And, aside from him being young and (probably) immature, the team itself was young and (probably) immature. I doubt that helped. Not really a lot of guys to guide young players along there.
All of this plus the fact New Jersey was a fresh start for him. Basically the other side of the hockey world where he didn't have the same unrealistic expectations or players of yesteryear telling their war stories when they weren't wanted.

Hall had a lot to do with what went on in Edmonton. As toxic as the situation was for him in Edmonton for many reasons, it's the exact opposite in NJ, also for many reasons.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He’s injured, try following hockey more instead of google searching standings.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
He’s injured, try following hockey more instead of google searching standings.
I'm insulted. I'll have you know that I only use Alta Vista as my search engine.
And while we're on the topic of search engines, look up passive aggresive and you will see a picture of Taylor Hall.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Great retort by Hall. Be annoying if old-timers were constantly harking on the old, golden days. And Hall is right, ita harder to score now.

"Exactly" the same number of game winners available though. Pretty lame retort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad