Just an idea: Sutter on Right Wing?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Just an idea: Sutter FOR a Right Wing

If you're doing this, might as well put him on the block and see what type of right-winger you can get.

We do need a new right-winger that Bylsma can convert to left wing, and place on the third line, all the while trolling us with the continued usage of KCD. Can't get enough of that, myself.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It happened. It didn't necessarily go so well and it took a ridiculous amount of injuries for it to come to this, but it DID happen. :laugh:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I know, that's why I bumped it. It happened, and it wasn't a smashing success. So I thought I could simultaneously show my clairvoyance and also give the opportunity to re-state their opinion of the idea :sarcasm:

Michael8771*

Here's my opinion. Package Letang and Sutter in a mega trade for a RW and 3rd line center. If we wanna simplify it even more just move the evil Letang for the RW. Sutter is a bit soft, I'd prefer a more gritty guy centering the third line.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Here's my opinion. Package Letang and Sutter in a mega trade for a RW and 3rd line center. If we wanna simplify it even more just move the evil Letang for the RW. Sutter is a bit soft, I'd prefer a more gritty guy centering the third line.

This is about as unlikely as the moon entering the earth,

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I know, that's why I bumped it. It happened, and it wasn't a smashing success. So I thought I could simultaneously show my clairvoyance and also give the opportunity to re-state their opinion of the idea :sarcasm:

In that case I say thank you. I am poor enough at baseball to cherish the softball :D .

Michael8771*

This is about as unlikely as the moon entering the earth,
I wouldn't go that far. Trading Letang though unlikely is far from impossible. Mobile puck moving Defensemen obviously is something this team has in spades. Sutter may be unlikely to be moved also, but he to isn't an untouchable.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania

Please, no mentions of the word "package" in a thread about Sutter... :sarcasm:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I love the idea and think it will make for a good line given some time to adjust. Its an F3 system and makes total sense to have 2 C's on one line.

Another thing to think about is a set 5 man unit. Maybe Engo makes sense with Malkin and Neal if Letang is set on that line.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think Sutter is a good wing. At least not as good as he is at center. Bennett will be better with Sid. And even if Sutter is slightly better on Sid's wing than Megna (I'm not sure he would be) the difference wouldn't make up for the downgrade at 3C.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I love the idea and think it will make for a good line given some time to adjust. Its an F3 system and makes total sense to have 2 C's on one line.

Another thing to think about is a set 5 man unit. Maybe Engo makes sense with Malkin and Neal if Letang is set on that line.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes..
.... continue Fear and Loathing quote at your own leisure :D

Or said in another way, too terrible ideas to even contemplate.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
He looked like he was getting eaten alive on the wing along the boards early in that Caps game. He was struggling to make the little plays you have to make the get the puck out of your end in that spot. I won't be too tough on him though. Learning how to play the wing is going to be a process. He isn't going to look great in his first game at it. It'll be interesting to see how long DB sticks with it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
His biggest weakness is his board play. His biggest strength is his defensive positioning. The day Megna is healthy, Sutter should be playing center again. Hell, even just Neal. Put Jussi with Sid and keep Pyatt with Geno and Neal and see how he looks.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
last night was the wrong night to try it, Sutter's ability to play wing notwithstanding.

You need 3 NHL centers (at least) to make sure Ovechkin isn't getting prime match ups

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah...it was no good. Throw that one on the scrap heap.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I prefer Malkin on the wing than Sutter, that's how much I liked this experiment.

Let's bump up some of THOSE old Malkin to the wing threads, shall we?

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->