Jussi Jokinin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
A top 10 scorer in the SM-Lilja. Can play wing or center . Defensively responsible. I often fail to understand why a guy like this is not touted more. Same could be said for a Kahnberg. These guys are older but have talent as well. Just because a guy is 18 or 19 with size and some talent like Olesz or Tukonen does not mean they are certain to prosper as we still wait for Svitov, Shviki or Martin samuelson

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Starsdude said:
A top 10 scorer in the SM-Lilja. Can play wing or center . Defensively responsible. I often fail to understand why a guy like this is not touted more. Same could be said for a Kahnberg. These guys are older but have talent as well. Just because a guy is 18 or 19 with size and some talent like Olesz or Tukonen does not mean they are certain to prosper as we still wait for Svitov, Shviki or Martin samuelson

Late round Finnish guy who doesn't have one OUTSTANDING skill is why guys like Jokinen, Miettinen, Immonen(NYR) dont get any love around here. And the fact that he's 21 doesnt help either..after all, around here, younger usually equals better. BTW, Jokinen just lead the Karlaja Cup with 4 goals and 3 games and tied with a certain Mr. Kovalchuk with 5 points...while playing center, where he doesnt play much ;).

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Jussi Jokinen is the most underrated prospect in the world, IMO. Not so much because he's so talented, but because he's never ever talked about. He's out produced hyped Mikko Koivu during pretty much every season they've been in the same league. He's currently the youngest point getter in the top 10 in points, and is 2nd in goals, but again, he's lots younger than the leader. His defensive game is very respectable, he works hard, he seems to be turning out alot like Antti Miettinen, who too hasn't been talked about all that much. Plus he's versatile, being able to play both wing as center. I used to think it was Polushin, but now I'm changing my mind and support Jussi to get some freaking credit..

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Ott = Snott said:
Jussi Jokinen is the most underrated prospect in the world, IMO. Not so much because he's so talented, but because he's never ever talked about. He's out produced hyped Mikko Koivu during pretty much every season they've been in the same league. He's currently the youngest point getter in the top 10 in points, and is 2nd in goals, but again, he's lots younger than the leader. His defensive game is very respectable, he works hard, he seems to be turning out alot like Antti Miettinen, who too hasn't been talked about all that much. Plus he's versatile, being able to play both wing as center. I used to think it was Polushin, but now I'm changing my mind and support Jussi to get some freaking credit..

I think you answered that question..hes turning out to be a lot like Anti Miettinen...in general people want to talk about players that have star potential..flash and dash.... im curious how he compared to Immonen (yeah you know wich one)..ive asked this in the past on the finish board and i think it was about 50/50...somehow my gut feeling is he has a bit more upside than Immonen..,,. any opinions?

miss hockey

Sep 6, 2004
Helsinki
Jokinen imho has a touch more potential than Immonen, certainly more flash.
Say if Immonen becomes your average 2nd line centre.. Jokinen would at least be a wing who'se half 1st half 2nd line. ie better than your average 2nd line wing and good enough to challenge anyone ahead of him (unless its a superstar) for that first line spot.

just how far they both develop further, is imho about how badly they want it when they cross the atlantic.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
I think Jokinen's potential to put up big numbers far surpasses that of Miettinen. Personally, I've never seen the same flash or nose from the net from Antti as I've seen from times I've been lucky enough to watch Jussi play. I agree that he's easily one of the most underrated prospects in the world - and not just on these boards...

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I am really high on Jussi Jokinen after a string of steadily improving seasons in the FEL and a strong Karjala Cup performance. He is now ready to make the trip to NA. Unfortunately, he is going to be a boom or bust type of player in the NHL. This is because he is a sniper who lacks a physical game and is therefor only suited for one of the top two lines realistically. If his game fails to translate to offensive production in the far more physical NHL which boasts far larger defensemen than the FEL, then he will be on his way back to Finland. The difference between Jussi Jokinen and Antii Miettinen is that Miettinen is the more complete player at this point. Miettinen is better defensively and is more physical than Jussi(his offensive capabilities are very underrated too). The fact of the matter is that Jussi Jokinen is a VERY underrated prospect(just as Miettinen was and still is) and everyone on the Stars board is anxiously awaiting the arrival of our latest in a long line of fantastic Finns.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
OttMorrow said:
I am really high on Jussi Jokinen after a string of steadily improving seasons in the FEL and a strong Karjala Cup performance. He is now ready to make the trip to NA. Unfortunately, he is going to be a boom or bust type of player in the NHL. This is because he is a sniper who lacks a physical game and is therefor only suited for one of the top two lines realistically. If his game fails to translate to offensive production in the far more physical NHL which boasts far larger defensemen than the FEL, then he will be on his way back to Finland. The difference between Jussi Jokinen and Antii Miettinen is that Miettinen is the more complete player at this point. Miettinen is better defensively and is more physical than Jussi(his offensive capabilities are very underrated too). The fact of the matter is that Jussi Jokinen is a VERY underrated prospect(just as Miettinen was and still is) and everyone on the Stars board is anxiously awaiting the arrival of our latest in a long line of fantastic Finns.

Sounds like the Stars plan on bringing him over next year to play in Iowa :handclap: : http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/11-18ahl.htm

Andrews said:
Tippett said he expects the Stars offer Jokinen a contract in the off-season and bring him to North America for the 2005-06 season. Jokinen is expected to play with the Stars new AHL affiliate in Des Moines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->