Jurco vs Kohklachev

mcohen29

Aug 14, 2010
Seeing as they were drafted close to each other in this draft 35 vs 40, and after reading various scouting reports (dobber, FC, Hockey Prospects). Which player will have the grater upside?

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
I think Jurco will be more succesful, but if Khokhlachev seems 100% on playing in the NHL, I wouldn't be surprised to see if it's him. Both drafted into great organizations.

member 30781

Jurco has the great upside but Khokhlachev is MUCH more likely to reach his potential than Jurco by a fair margin.

member 30781

Much? explain.

Given that Jurco is a the biggest boom or bust player in the draft where as Khokhlachev is not, Khokhlachev is the safer bet at reaching his potential. Khokhlachev's overall game is also more complete than Jurco's which certainly helps his case.

GM17*

I respectfully disagree about the whole "overall game" thing. Boom or bust? up in the air, as it is for most of this draft, really. His only real knock is consistency, which has eluded him. Hopefully another year in juniors will help him. Khokhlachev is just ahead of him on the learning curve phaps.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I respectfully disagree about the whole "overall game" thing. Boom or bust? up in the air, as it is for most of this draft, really. His only real knock is consistency, which has eluded him. Hopefully another year in juniors will help him. Khokhlachev is just ahead of him on the learning curve phaps.

I think it's overblown, but I do consider Jurco a risky player.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Jurco has so much talent but his consistency and effort is the question.

KoKo is talented but can't skate or create like Jurco. The thing is, his effort, consistency and competitiveness is better than Jurco.

Coming into this year, people looked at Jurco as a potential top-5 pick. If he can show more determination, he could be that good.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Jurco has the height and is a talented stickhandler, scorer and skater. His frame alone prob got him picked higher than koko. but koko works harder, more consistant, wiling to go into the dirty areas and is younger. still cant believe he went 40

GM17*

I don't think Jurco's effort is the problem. Streakiness is not necessarily synonymous with laziness.

mcohen29

Aug 14, 2010
since the topic of streakiness and potential of boom or bust is prevelant, then where does Joel Armia stand when compared to Jurco and Khoklachev? Armia was drafted in the first round...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Armia had a good regular season , u 18, and is somewhat unknown. that is better than jurco who had two sub,par regular seasons in na. the playoffs helped his stock

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Jurco is ridiculously good. As soon as I saw Detroit trade down and had an early 2nd pick, I knew they were picking him. His shot is very good.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Whats Jurcos shot/grit/goalscoring touch/vision like? All I ever hear about the guy is his stickhandling. Sounds like Robby Schremp.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I really want to hate Jurco because of those nonsense moves but he IS a good hockey player. He has a sense for moving the puck and knows how to create offense more than just doing fancy moves. Plus when push comes to shove he'll do what it takes to win as far as going to the boards. Kind of like a Zhedev gone right or a Semin B type.

Kohklachev reminds me of Radulov. He's not the prettiest skater to watch but he's smart about positioning and has a determination about him. He has no problem going to the dirty area's for goals.

I think they'll both be good.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Jurco has so much talent but his consistency and effort is the question.

KoKo is talented but can't skate or create like Jurco. The thing is, his effort, consistency and competitiveness is better than Jurco.

Coming into this year, people looked at Jurco as a potential top-5 pick. If he can show more determination, he could be that good.

really? I don't think so.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Seeing as they were drafted close to each other in this draft 35 vs 40, and after reading various scouting reports (dobber, FC, Hockey Prospects). Which player will have the grater upside?

By the way both player are my favorite of the Draft woth Armia.
In every draft I took Khohklachev. thx for the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad