Confirmed with Link: Jurco to Blackhawks for 2017 3rd

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I hope Jurco does well so

1. Holland realizes he needs to give these kids more chances
2. Other teams recognize maybe Wings got some good talent and give us more trade calls and offer better return.

The limiting factor is Holland. The only reason he did this deal was because of how things are trending. If we were closer to a playoff spot he'd do nothing which is his default mode. I am happy to give him credit, it's just clear he has no real interest in trying to build a contender. Hopefully he retires after next season at the absolute latest. He had a great start to his career and it's pretty obvious he's still trying to ride those coattails. There are no coattails left, haven't been since Lidstrom retired.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Let's organize a parade to honor Holland and wish him well in retirement.

Get Blashill to drive the convertible.

And have them head in whatever direction takes them both quickly out of town!

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
It replaces the third the Red Wings traded to SJ for Sadowy (who was sent to Toledo this week).

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So I think a 3rd is really good value for Jurco given what he's shown in the NHL.

It also kind of scares me the Blackhawks thought he was worth a 3rd. Like what do they see that I'm missing? Did we secretly get hosed? I'm watching you Blackhawks...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So I think a 3rd is really good value for Jurco given what he's shown in the NHL.

It also kind of scares me the Blackhawks thought he was worth a 3rd. Like what do they see that I'm missing? Did we secretly get hosed? I'm watching you Blackhawks...

It wasn't happening here so I won't lose any sleep over it. He does remind me of Panic and they ironed out his issues. So we will see, they have done it with a similar player.

It also has been pointed out that Jurco helps them in terms of the expansion draft if they play him 10 more games. They give it that experiment and if he doesn't work out he has a duel purpose. Honestly think Hinostroza is a better player than Jurco. I get the size difference and everything but I prefer the guy they sent down to make room for him. So who knows how it goes.

I still won't be broken up if he turns into something there. It wasn't happening here, that much had become pretty clear the last couple of years.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It wasn't happening here so I won't lose any sleep over it. He does remind me of Panic and they ironed out his issues. So we will see, they have done it with a similar player.

It also has been pointed out that Jurco helps them in terms of the expansion draft if they play him 10 more games. They give it that experiment and if he doesn't work out he has a duel purpose. Honestly think Hinostroza is a better player than Jurco. I get the size difference and everything but I prefer the guy they sent down to make room for him. So who knows how it goes.

I still won't be broken up if he turns into something there. It wasn't happening here, that much had become pretty clear the last couple of years.

Yep. It's gonna be a real headache if he turns into say a Hossa. Future lists in the future are gonna label that as the worst trade ever :shakehead

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Code:
Yep. It's gonna be a real headache if he turns into say a Hossa. Future lists in the future are gonna label that as the worst trade ever :shakehead

If Jurco had the ability to be a Hossa, he wouldn't have been buried on the 4th line his whole time here.
There isn't anything that Chicago sees that Detroit didn't, they are flipping a pick with at best a 25% chance of being Jurco into Jurco now. Jurco wasn't going to come back to Detroit so they got something for him.

This is literally what people were *****ing that Holland didn't do with Fil or Huds.
The very high likelihood is that Jurco gets 10-15 goals a year on a third line. That he's a completely replaceable part, like he's been for his whole career.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Yeah but then you need to do some serious organizational soul searching as to why it hasn't happened here.

That said I think the odds are against Jurco given his back issues.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Code:

If Jurco had the ability to be a Hossa, he wouldn't have been buried on the 4th line his whole time here.
There isn't anything that Chicago sees that Detroit didn't, they are flipping a pick with at best a 25% chance of being Jurco into Jurco now. Jurco wasn't going to come back to Detroit so they got something for him.

This is literally what people were *****ing that Holland didn't do with Fil or Huds.
The very high likelihood is that Jurco gets 10-15 goals a year on a third line. That he's a completely replaceable part, like he's been for his whole career.

I'm just saying if he does. The casual fanbase doesn't know anything :laugh:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Andrej Nestrasil and Martin Frk saw games with Toledo. We have a very deep Grand Rapids teams. It's not the worst thing in the world for Dylan Sadowy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah but then you need to do some serious organizational soul searching as to why it hasn't happened here.

That said I think the odds are against Jurco given his back issues.

He got hurt and lost his confidence, soul searching over. We have had guys that have worked for us in ways they didn't work for other people. Not really going to be torn up about it at all. It is like when people starting talking about Eaves this year, he earned his way out of Detroit by not being very good coming of his injury issues. Glad that he has turned it around, but I don't feel any differently about his tenure ending in Detroit.

It will probably be because Jurco was actually allowed to wear #13 for the first time. :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah you're probably right.

Like I said, I think a 3rd is overpayment from the Hawks so it makes me think they actually believe in the kid. We'll see. A good deal for a part the Wings couldn't make work.

galaxytrash

Mar 24, 2008
Thailand
for people here wondering why bowman paid so high a pick for him...from what i understand as a hawks fan....if he plays 1O games with us he will be eligible to be exposed in the expansion draft thus possibly protecting a different draft eligible player who we dont wish to lose.....such as ryan hartman.

btw....he will be in the lineup for us next game against st. loo. looking forward to seeing him play.

anyways...it was good to read your guys opinions of him here.

Last edited:

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
for people here wondering why bowman paid so high a pick for him...from what i understand as a hawks fan....if he plays 1O games with us he will be eligible to be exposed in the expansion draft thus possibly protecting a different draft eligible player who we dont wish to lose.....such as ryan hartman.

btw....he will be in the lineup for us next game against st. loo. looking forward to seeing him play.

anyways...it was good to read your guys opinions of him here.

Okay, it's either I'm missing something or most other folks are misdirected here.

How exactly does having Jurco help protect the players on Chicago's roster?

As I understand the rules, you can protect a certain amount of players that are eligible for the draft. Whatever the scenarios are, if Jurco is not draft eligible then he does not help nor obstruct the ability. If he becomes eligible, then isn't he in competition with someone else to be kept (protected) on the Blackhawks?

What am I missing here? If Chicago actually want him, it sounds like he'll be in the AHL the rest of the season to keep him from being eligible for the expansion draft. At least from the way I understand the rules. Otherwise, they just wasted a 3rd round pick for possibly nothing.

galaxytrash

Mar 24, 2008
Thailand
Okay, it's either I'm missing something or most other folks are misdirected here.

How exactly does having Jurco help protect the players on Chicago's roster?

As I understand the rules, you can protect a certain amount of players that are eligible for the draft. Whatever the scenarios are, if Jurco is not draft eligible then he does not help nor obstruct the ability. If he becomes eligible, then isn't he in competition with someone else to be kept (protected) on the Blackhawks?

What am I missing here? If Chicago actually want him, it sounds like he'll be in the AHL the rest of the season to keep him from being eligible for the expansion draft. At least from the way I understand the rules. Otherwise, they just wasted a 3rd round pick for possibly nothing.

god...i was scared i would get a question like this because i am just going by what people say on the message board i frequent.

he needs 7O games in the last 2 seasons to be eligible. he is at 6O now.
if and when he plays 1O more games and becomes eligible....then he isnt in competition with someone else to be protected....but it allows the team to expose him and protect someone else they may want to keep over jurco.

okay...to tell you the truth...i dont really understand the whole thing but i was hoping i would appear to without being called out on it. :)

if they sent him to the A straight away then yeah...it could be perceived as a waste of a 3rd rounder.
anyways....since youre in the east now....hope you get a decent player with that pick. :)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
god...i was scared i would get a question like this because i am just going by what people say on the message board i frequent.

No problem, man.

Basically it works like this: Each team gets a certain number of players at each position they can protect. Everyone else eligible will be exposed. So having Jurco become eligible won't help them protect a player, it will simply give Las Vegas another player to choose from.

Full rules are here:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

Protected Lists
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

galaxytrash

Mar 24, 2008
Thailand
No problem, man.

Basically it works like this: Each team gets a certain number of players at each position they can protect. Everyone else eligible will be exposed. So having Jurco become eligible won't help them protect a player, it will simply give Las Vegas another player to choose from.

Full rules are here:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

thanks for the gentle non mocking bailout bench. :)

but if the hawks had 2 draft eligible forwards already and assuming jurco does his 1O games this season and fits the bill....then they have 3....wouldnt that allow them to pick the one they didnt want to expose? like it says in point ii) where it says you only need to expose 2?

thats assuming they sign jurco for another year.

im a pain in the arse i know....i hope your patience isnt wearing thin.:)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
thanks for the gentle non mocking bailout bench. :)

but if the hawks had 2 draft eligible forwards already and assuming jurco does his 1O games this season and fits the bill....then they have 3....wouldnt that allow them to pick the one they didnt want to expose? like it says in point ii) where it says you only need to expose 2?

thats assuming they sign jurco for another year.

im a pain in the arse i know....i hope your patience isnt wearing thin.:)

Nah nobody cares the whole thing is confusing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad