Confirmed with Link: Jurco signs 1 year $700k deal

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I know it is just 700k, but really a one way?

If it is a HSK signing, shouldn't it be a two way?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I know it is just 700k, but really a one way?

If it is a HSK signing, shouldn't it be a two way?

The best AHL players tend to get 1-way deals. Jurco is defenitely a valuable piece for anyone's AHL team, and thus there will be bidders. You offer him a 1-way deal you win that bid war, and help build a winning culture for your prospects in the minors.

Jurco's problem is injuries. But at least I don't think it was his back that kept him out last season. He'll be a good player for the Silver Knights, and in a good season can still push for ice time in the NHL. At worst, he's a good call up.

And if we'll see rosters carrying more than 23 players next season, and the schedule being compressed with lots of back-to-backs, teams are gonna be rotating quite a few players. Jurco can be a valuable depth guy in that situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Splurging on a 700k AHL contract.

I get that they need to replace McKenzie, but they need to give kids like Jones & Leschyshyn ice time. Bringing back Duke & having Jurco etc makes it crowded again with Dugan.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Splurging on a 700k AHL contract.

I get that they need to replace McKenzie, but they need to give kids like Jones & Leschyshyn ice time. Bringing back Duke & having Jurco etc makes it crowded again with Dugan.
My AHL depth chart would look like something like this at the moment:

McGinn - Quinney - Elvenes
Jurco - Brown - Sikura
Cotter - Leschyshyn - Dugan
Goulbourne - Duke - Rondbjerg
Jones

Schuldt - Murphy
Dahlstrom - Coghlan
Bischoff - Corcoran
McLaughlin - Pachal
Hayes

Dansk
Ferguson
Patera
Thompson

So, there will be injuries and I am sure that our young prospects will get enough chances. :) Jurco is a good add because if I remember right, Wolves had a lot of injuries last season and they were forced to use some loan players from ECHL to get enough health bodies in the line-up. Silver Knights hopefully won't face same problem.

Reactions: Pomee and Elvs

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My AHL depth chart would look like something like this at the moment:

McGinn - Quinney - Elvenes
Jurco - Brown - Sikura
Cotter - Leschyshyn - Dugan
Goulbourne - Duke - Rondbjerg
Jones

Schuldt - Murphy
Dahlstrom - Coghlan
Bischoff - Corcoran
McLaughlin - Pachal
Hayes

Dansk
Ferguson
Patera
Thompson

So, there will be injuries and I am sure that our young prospects will get enough chances. :) Jurco is a good add because if I remember right, Wolves had a lot of injuries last season and they were forced to use some loan players from ECHL to get enough health bodies in the line-up. Silver Knights hopefully won't face same problem.

Missing Kolesar though & they seemed quite high on Pachal. Hopefully they loan out Rondbjerg & Jones to another AHL team. They had the injury bug but it started with those 2 (did Rondbjerg break his arm in game 1 or something?)

Kallionkielli could make the jump from Helsinki too although it's doubtful.

(and Hague might not be a lock but that's offtopic)

Reactions: Lehtonen

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I saw a game of his against the Condors a week ago and he looked amazing in spurts then was invisible the rest of the time. Basically the same as his Oilers stint.

He’s too good for the AHL but isn’t consistent enough to stay in the NHL.

You guys have a set of dangerous forwards down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->