Pre-Game Talk: Junior Summer Showcase

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You're almost tempted to think that maybe The Chief and The Steamer are responsible for much of the WHL scouting the way these players are tracking, but when you recall Jimbo's over the top excitement over the Kole Lind selection you realize this is probably the scouting handiwork of The Jock Whisperer himself with perhaps assists from Delorme and Smyl.

It just somehow has the feel of a Benning/West Coast Alumni co production

It the draft day videos are any indication, Woo was someone Brackett wanted.

There's actually a different Benning who likely sees more WHL games than Jim: Brandon.

Lind's scouting report coming out of the WHL is completely different from what he showed in Utica.

Carnal

May 29, 2018
I wasn't overly impressed with what little I saw of Jett Woo. He looked short and stocky on the ice with limited range and mobility resulting in weak defensive zone coverage. Was caught flat footed on one or two occasions. I would be surprised if he makes the cut for the final roster barring multiple absentees; injuries. The Kole Lind track is threatening to be a well traveled one for our top WHL drafts.

*reporter Mark Masters managed to slip a Leafs question into nearly every rinkside interview; ya gotta love TSN eh ;)
@PG Canuck is going to rip you a new one for making light of TSN's focus on the Leafs... :madfire:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->