Junior C in Ontario

Letsgopens808

Jul 23, 2017
I currently play Bantam A/AA (high A league, AA tournaments and scrimmages) in Pennsylvania where I am a point per game player, and have been wondering, would it be worth my time to go play Junior C in Ontario for a year in hopes of making Junior B the year after, or would not hang with other players? any answers appreciated

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Yes. It's very good hockey and very affordable too... in fact, it's much better hockey than most realize until they play it. I think if you can make a team and if you can get regular ice you'll develop playing against older, stronger players.

I'm not sure the calibre of A/AA hockey in Pennsylvania though and as a bantam, you're looking at least three years down the road... teams can't sign anyone until they're major midget and can only take one 16 year old who must be local to the team.

If you have questions about the level, PM me. I manage a team and have been involved at the league level for many years as well.

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
If you're major Bantam, continue to focus on your current development and then inquire about playing Midget AAA for next season. Junior is to too far down the road for you mister and Midget AAA is much more advantageous.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Don't jump to Jr. hockey too soon. I agree 100% play Midget next year.
If you're major Bantam, continue to focus on your current development and then inquire about playing Midget AAA for next season. Junior is to too far down the road for you mister and Midget AAA is much more advantageous.
I agree 100%, play Midget next year. No need to jump to Jr.C now. I know guys who have jumped to Jr. way too soon and it didn't work out for them. Play Midget, do well, keep your confidence. Jr hockey can kill your confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->