June trade window opening...

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Does the June trade window open on June 1st, or on the first business day in June, the 3rd???

What does everyone see their teams needing? Flint should be looking at a veteran backup goaltender, a top 4 D-man, and scoring wingers. (Who doesn't want all those things, right???)

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Does the June trade window open on June 1st, or on the first business day in June, the 3rd???

What does everyone see their teams needing? Flint should be looking at a veteran backup goaltender, a top 4 D-man, and scoring wingers. (Who doesn't want all those things, right???)
Trade window is June 1st to 30th. Means teams can talk ( legally) at that point. League would not likely approve or announce trades until usual business days. Don't hold your breath on this trade window as not many trades happening each year - I think there was only 2 or 3 trades last year during the month of June.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Teams typically will have trade talks with the trade window in June.

Sometimes they're is the odd movement when the trade window opens but the trade freeze officially lifted August 1st last year for the summer trade window.

I would imagine that Thursday, August 1st 2019 will be the official trade freeze window lifts.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I imagine the Petes will be in the market for an overage player or two... all depends on what happens with Zach Gallant this summer. Looks like he will go unsigned by Detroit, but will he land a pro deal elsewhere...

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

We need top 3 forward but D the most at least 2 and a backup for Lennox.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
With the Storm signing goaltender Owen Bennett this weekend I'd expect to see either OA Anthony Popovich or Nico Daws to get moved. Whether it happens in June or August remains to be seen.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Don't expect anything announced in Attackland until at least the middle of the month if there is any movement at all because the Attack will be holding it's annual Slow-Pitch/Awards/BBQ/Banquet on Sunday 9'th.
I'd like to see an OA/LW and a veteran goalie brought in to round out our roster for the start of the season. (with youngsters Goure, Burroughs and an Import forward)

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I expect the Spits to be active in June both in the signing and trade departments. The fan base is understandably upset and in desperate need of some good news sooner than later.
This June should prove interesting unlike June in the past few years.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Ice dogs will likely wait until September to make any moves...we need to see how many of our 14 99's stay with NHL teams, go to AHL or get returned. Then at the trade deadline in January, we'll see how much we get in return for Akil Thomas and Phil Tomasino.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I won't be surprised to see the Attack sit back during the June trade window.

As of right now the core of OS depth chart is solid enough that until the NHL draft passes the team will be in good shape in the forward and defensive depth.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Never understood the purpose of this window considering it happens prior to the import draft.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It just gives a chance to move draft picks around to get a higher position in the import draft. Beyond that it really doesn't do much else.

Have they changed the rules again? The league stopped the trading of import picks a few years ago.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Have they changed the rules again? The league stopped the trading of import picks a few years ago.

If the league changed the rules then it's the first I've heard about it.

My understanding was you could trade import picks for import picks to trade up or down. On top of that the CHL has reinstated its ruling that the any team who selects a European goaltenders can choose a 3rd import selection player.

Unless the CHL has changed a rule about the import selections my understanding was that you get 2 selections unless you pick a tender in which case you get a 3rd. In turn you can deal up to the import draft but only be able to swap the import picks themselves in your own league.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

My understanding was you could trade import picks for import picks to trade up or down. On top of that the CHL has reinstated its ruling that the any team who selects a European goaltenders can choose a 3rd import selection player.

Unless the CHL has changed a rule about the import selections my understanding was that you get 2 selections unless you pick a tender in which case you get a 3rd. In turn you can deal up to the import draft but only be able to swap the import picks themselves in your own league.

The trading of import picks hasn’t been allowed for a few years now.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The June trade window allows teams to do some house cleaning now and that is about it. Import players can be traded which would open a roster spot for one so you can then use the pick.

Ottawa, for example, has Okhotyuk and Rossi. Therefore, they really cannot make a pick. However, if they felt they had a better player out there than either of those players, they could trade one of them and get the trade comp and then pick a skater as a replacement.

Reactions: EvenSteven

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

There was never a 3rd pick allowed if choosing a goalie, as far as I know. That rule was for the U18 draft. The newer rule for allowing a 3rd import pick was extended to those with NHL drafted (signed?) players of any round, I think; previously, it was only for 1st round NHL picks

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The trading of import picks hasn’t been allowed for a few years now.

That's what I thought. The league changed the rule a few years ago banning the trading of import picks.

They cited the trading of import picks disadvantaged the have not teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad