Confirmed with Link: (June 26th, 2018) Canucks re-sign D Derrick Pouliot to 1-year Deal ($1.1M AAV)

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
He's bad without the puck. Very bad. He is out of position a lot, caught flat footed and frequently turnstiled due his poor gap control.

He is one of the worst players in the league with the puck, but he is also very bad without it.

And what good does retrieving the puck do you if you can't do anything with it?

Gudbranson has absolutely earned his atrocious +/- rating. He bleeds goals, bleeds chances and bleeds shots. He is an exceptionally poor player.

Agreed with all of this - especially his gap control.

Please slow your reading down and understand I agree Gudbrandon isnt very good.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
That doesn't make sense to me. I'm saying in the boards he can retrieve the puck well; however, its the decision he makes with the puck that is the problem.

You know it's possible to be good without the puck and also bad with the puck, right?
Some of you are like vultures trying to convince me of all Gudbranson's deficiencies as a player.

Gudbranson>Pouliot

Hence the word "effective." It's not very useful stripping the puck off someone if you're more likely to make a dangerous play in the other team's favour than they would be if you'd let them keep the puck in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->