Confirmed with Link: June 2016: Flyers Sign Radko Gudas To Multi-Year Extension

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Girardi was a free agent. Low risk signing.

Not exactly the same thing.

They won't because they value him, but if you retained on MacDonald, a contending team could have him at a lower AAV for the same number of years as Girardi's Tampa contract. He wasn't a vet min signing. They even gave him an NTC.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don't agree with that. I don't think Hextall is actively looking to trade MacDonald. I do think he's trade able especially if there is retention.
Then why did the Rags have to buy out Girardi instead of simply retaining salary & trading him?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Dumb GM?
Could be they were too tight against the cap and teams could wait them out.
Could be. But Girardi is the closest comparison we have to MacDonald, and he had to be bought out. So I think everyone who is blithely assuming the Flyers could pretty easily trade MacDonald if only they retain salary is being a little presumptuous. Maybe he could, but there's reason to have some skepticism, too.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Then why did the Rags have to buy out Girardi instead of simply retaining salary & trading him?

I was talking about MacDonald and not Dan Girardi. So I'm not sure what you're saying. I have zero idea what Girardi's contract and salary cap of the Rangers were at that time.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I was talking about MacDonald and not Dan Girardi. So I'm not sure what you're saying. I have zero idea what Girardi's contract and salary cap of the Rangers were at that time.
Girardi had basically the same exact contract as MacDonald: same term left, but $500k more ($5.5M vs. $5.0M). Hence the comparison.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
MacDonald is fine as a 3rd pair D-man

No he's not. There's a mountain of evidence that he is an accident waiting to happen, and that's the problem. He can play fine for 56 minutes and then (or before that, or in the middle somewhere) commit a momentum-destroying brain-dead gaffe that undercuts it all. This happens again and again and again, and for some reason people keep saying things like "Andy is fine" or "The problem with Andy is his contract, if he made less no one would complain" - it's ridiculous, definition-of-insanity kind of ****.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
No he's not. There's a mountain of evidence that he is an accident waiting to happen, and that's the problem. He can play fine for 56 minutes and then (or before that, or in the middle somewhere) commit a momentum-destroying brain-dead gaffe that undercuts it all. This happens again and again and again, and for some reason people keep saying things like "Andy is fine" or "The problem with Andy is his contract, if he made less no one would complain" - it's ridiculous, definition-of-insanity kind of ****.

It's nice to be reminded of this now and again. I think we all have Stockholm Syndrome over MacDonald.

It also serves to show how good Sanheim is - he made MacDonald's numbers look good.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thank you.

Farmer is a f***ing disaster.

Trash in all 3 zones. Probably trash on the bench, in the tunnel, and in the lockeroom too. Hes a human/trash mutated hybrid.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Assistant Captain.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007

This video is obviously funny. But I laugh almost as much that to find it, I type "Andrew MacDonald highlights," and it comes up first.

2. more. years.

and it's only going to get worse. :facepalm:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well gee, that describes just about every third pair D-man in the league and a number of second pair D-men.
They're fine until they screw the pooch.
I mean MacDonald looks pretty good compared to some of the Jets D-men coughing the puck up at critical times.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Like really...

Karlsson
Burns
Doughty
Subban
Pietrangelo
Faulk
Weber
Byfuglien
Klingberg
Hamilton
Jones
Letang
McAvoy
Carlson
Miller
Ellis
Barrie
Stralman
Trouba
Parayko
Dumba
Manson
Tanev
Spurgeon
Johnson
Ekblad
Hamonic
Montour
Niskanen
Pulock
Seabrook
Pesce
Shattenkirk
Myers
Petry

Is 35 guys... I think the only 35 an argument can really be made for. And some of them are not better once you factor in usage.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->