Jumbotron and replays at live games

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa Senators: please if someone is reading this, please please please escalate this to the necessary person.

At the games the Senators have the most absurdly terrible selection of what to put on the jumbotron and consistently fail to show replays with any degree of frequency.

Please stop showing random fans / players / coaches / garbage: we want to see the replay at least once anytime something of any degree of significant happens.

It is unbearable. Fix it.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Ottawa Senators: please if someone is reading this, please please please escalate this to the necessary person.

At the games the Senators have the most absurdly terrible selection of what to put on the jumbotron and consistently fail to show replays with any degree of frequency.

Please stop showing random fans / players / coaches / garbage: we want to see the replay at least once anytime something of any degree of significant happens.

It is unbearable. Fix it.

Agreed. I was tehre on Saturday and everytime a penalty or something ahppened behind the play, everyone was left in confusion.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This is why I prefer watching games at home these days. Same thing happens at Honda Center, and it's garbage

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah that was silly with the goal review that they didn't show any replays. I also wanted to see a replay of Stalberg getting hit, Karlsson penalty and Karlsson jumping in front of Kreider. I also noticed they showed the wrong replay when McArthur got a slashing penalty so people were booing the refs but the play they showed wasn't even the penalty.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
I've been noticing this alot these playoffs, and not just our games. Is there some new league mandate barring showing replays of questionable calls?

It looks almost as if they want to make the reffing look more accurate by eliminating replays.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
If they'd get rid of the drum solo cam/air guitar cam/dab cam, that'd be great.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I've been noticing this alot these playoffs, and not just our games. Is there some new league mandate barring showing replays of questionable calls?

It looks almost as if they want to make the reffing look more accurate by eliminating replays.

That does sound familiar. I do remember a media person of some sort talking about some arenas 'showing up the refs' earlier in the season. Can't remember if it was about controversial calls, or not showing fights on the big screen anymore. Not sure if there's an official mandate out or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more colorful teams (Dallas, perhaps?) got a bit of a lecture from someone in the NHL offices.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Yeah that was silly with the goal review that they didn't show any replays. I also wanted to see a replay of Stalberg getting hit, Karlsson penalty and Karlsson jumping in front of Kreider. I also noticed they showed the wrong replay when McArthur got a slashing penalty so people were booing the refs but the play they showed wasn't even the penalty.

I shared in your frustration in all of the above situations.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Is there some new league mandate barring showing replays of questionable calls?

Not sure about hockey, but definately at TD Place for the Fury they are not suppose to show any replays that question the judgement of the officials, and if they do they are reminded not to do it again. I dont know if they could be fined or reprimanded if they kept doing it.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa

Agreed on literally every single example you said!:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad