• C - Red Savage

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Albert Johansson wins 10th round.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 86.8% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 80% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 C - Nate Danielson 68.0% (9th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 35.7% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RD - Axel Sandin Pellikka 43.9% (17th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#6 G - Sebastian Cossa 56,9% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#7 RW - Carter Mazur 72.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
#8 LW - Elmer Söderblom 51.7% (159th overall, 6th round 2019 draft)
#9 C - Amadeus Lombardi 46.5% (113th overall, 4th round 2022 draft)
#10 LD - Albert Johansson 61.3% (60th overall, 2nd round 2019 draft)

Didn't know who to add.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Picked Dmitri this round. I need to see at least half a season from Augustine before I start beating the drum for him.

Add Noah Dower Nilsson because why not?

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Went with Augustine, he could be our best goaltender , saved USA butts in gold game

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Buchelnikov.

Not sure where I go from here. I'll say that Alexandre Doucet is a potentially forgotten man with high upside that should get added to the voting soon

Reactions: Henkka

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Buchelnikov, add Doucet.

Re : Doucet - you don't score 58 goals in a season and then add 31 points in 21 playoff games in the Q if you're not talented.

Reactions: raymond23

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Imma move the goal-post here abit and say that Wallinder was basically a 1st rounder. That would make Albert Johansson the only prospect in our top 10 that is 2nd rounder, and even then there's 3 players drafted in the later rounds ahead of him.

I think it's worth pointing out, because since 2019 they've had what, 11-12 2nd rounders. If we discount Wallinder it's been an absolute no-show so far from the 2nd round. Love the Yzerplan and i'm a believer, but those 11-12 2nd rounders were serious assets and fumbling them is less than ideal.

But sure, it might be too early to tell. But it ain't looking good on that front.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Imma move the goal-post here abit and say that Wallinder was basically a 1st rounder. That would make Albert Johansson the only prospect in our top 10 that is 2nd rounder, and even then there's 3 players drafted in the later rounds ahead of him.

I think it's worth pointing out, because since 2019 they've had what, 11-12 2nd rounders. If we discount Wallinder it's been an absolute no-show so far from the 2nd round. Love the Yzerplan and i'm a believer, but those 11-12 2nd rounders were serious assets and fumbling them is less than ideal.

But sure, it might be too early to tell. But it ain't looking good on that front.

Weird point to make? 6 out of the 10 are 1st rounders by your criteria. Are you upset that the 2nd rounders are not tracking better than the 1st rounders? Is it not a good thing that we found some really good talent in the 3rd, 4th, and 6th? We have a really deep pool and several of our 2nd rounders are progressing nicely.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Weird point to make? 6 out of the 10 are 1st rounders by your criteria. Are you upset that the 2nd rounders are not tracking better than the 1st rounders? Is it not a good thing that we found some really good talent in the 3rd, 4th, and 6th? We have a really deep pool and several of our 2nd rounders are progressing nicely.

So you're happy with the 2nd rounds draft record so far?

I understand that generally, finding good players past the 1st round is hard. But Wings have really stacked the odds in their favor by aquiring so many 2nd round picks. And for that to amount to nothing, is surely a thing worth critizing.

Sure i might end up eating a crow, but right now with the 2nd rounders we have currently i'd wager that none of them have impact.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

I understand that generally, finding good players past the 1st round is hard. But Wings have really stacked the odds in their favor by aquiring so many 2nd round picks. And for that to amount to nothing, is surely a thing worth critizing.

Sure i might end up eating a crow, but right now with the 2nd rounders we have currently i'd wager that none of them have impact.

2019 draft: Johansson progressing nicely. Tuomisto is a real long-shot, and Mastrosimone is out of the organization.

2020: Wallinder progressing great (I get you’re excluding him), Niederbach took a step back, and Hanas had a really solid first year in GR.

2021: Shai Buium is progressing pretty nicely in my opinion. Really good toolset.

Too early to say anything on the 22 and 23 drafts in my opinion. Overall, it seems like a pretty solid haul to me.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Buchelnikov, add Doucet.

Re : Doucet - you don't score 58 goals in a season and then add 31 points in 21 playoff games in the Q if you're not talented.

Temper that with the fact that he's 21 years old. We'll see what he's got next season in GR.

I do agree he should be on the list though.

Reactions: Mister Ed

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Who have we totally missed on exactly in the 2nd round? Mastrosimone and Niederbach? Hanas, McIssac and Tuomisto are up against it but they did receive NHL contracts. We haven't out run our odds with these picks but I don't see us being below average with them either.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
2019 draft: Johansson progressing nicely. Tuomisto is a real long-shot, and Mastrosimone is out of the organization.

2020: Wallinder progressing great (I get you’re excluding him), Niederbach took a step back, and Hanas had a really solid first year in GR.

2021: Shai Buium is progressing pretty nicely in my opinion. Really good toolset.

Too early to say anything on the 22 and 23 drafts in my opinion. Overall, it seems like a pretty solid haul to me.

That's fair enough, if you think that we've gotten a good haul then there's not much to complain about.

I just don't share that view, but that might be proven wrong in the next couple years. I do for example not believe that Johansson will become a NHL defenseman, i just haven't seen enough growth in the last couple years. I only see potential in Buch, but he's still a long shot.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Who have we totally missed on exactly in the 2nd round? Mastrosimone and Niederbach? Hanas, McIssac and Tuomisto are up against it but they did receive NHL contracts. We haven't out run our odds with these picks but I don't see us being below average with them either.

I personally don't see a high chance of any of our 2nd rounders making the NHL long term. Besides this years draft, who are way too early to tell.

Given the amount of picks in the 2nd round, i would hope that we could get atleast one good player. Like we got Bertuzzi and Hronek in the second round, or Tatar before that. Right now i don't see any player coming close to that. Maybe Buch could be that guy though, he's showing some potential.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Voted Augustine just cuz I never get it right anyways. Maybe next round

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Buchelnikov did not come to development camp, maybe he doesn't care and it was waste of pic

Christien

May 1, 2010
Buchelnikov did not come to development camp, maybe he doesn't care and it was waste of pic
He's a Russian player who is not under contract. Draper said in an interview pretty recently that he's excited for everyone to meet him, so it seems like he will come over eventually.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He's a Russian player who is not under contract. Draper said in an interview pretty recently that he's excited for everyone to meet him, so it seems like he will come over eventually.
Thanks , I tried to find anything about what is going on with him lately, but could not find anything ,only that 2khl teams competing for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad