GDT: July 1 - Free Agency and Canada Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In terms of the Buffalo trade...they did get a decent haul overall. But at the same time...they want to get better, not worse. Sure if he's a problem in the room you don't want him there, but they seem pretty set for another difficult season. Obviously drafted a phenomenal guy 1st overall, but there are still a lot of holes there.

Can't recall enough about De Haan to say much about potentially going after him, but it makes sense to keep looking at options to improve the blueline. Just keep doing whatever is possible to make the team better.

Already knocked it out of the park with Tavares, curious to see what else will happen now.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
It's weird that Thornton hasn't signed in San Jose yet...

Thornton Matthews Nylander
Marleau Tavares Marner
Hyman Kadri Brown
Johnsson Lindholm Kapanen

:scared:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
According to Dubas vets contacted him today that were previously looking for long term deals willing to now come to TO on shorter terms -

Reactions: hockeynorth

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I would have interest in the following players:

- CDH
- James Neal (very short term contract)
- Derek Grant (4th line C who is good on FO)
- Patrick Maroon
- Kevin Bieksa
- Luca Sbisa

Basically just filling out depth roles since we lost a ton of bodies through FA like Bozak, JVR, Polak, Moore, Komarov,

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Adding Neal/Thornton would be an absolute embarrassment of riches. :laugh:

I'd imagine they're looking at names like CDH or Maroon at a reasonable price.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
imagine if we had 2 sundins in the era when mats played. that's how awesome a team we have today.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
imagine if we had 2 sundins in the era when mats played. that's how awesome a team we have today.

I prefer to imagine 2 Sittlers myself. That was really the last time the Leafs had a lineup similar to the youth movement we have today. Or, you know, half the line-up anyway. Honestly, Matthews and Tavares remind me more of Darryl than they do of Mats.

Last edited:
Reactions: danron1376

Nick034

Dec 6, 2017
Listening to Dubas talk i am now even more sure we hired a right person. He knows all the reporters by their name addresses them with such a respect that you can not say anything bad towards this kid. As far as FA's, well different JT and CDH for one year total 6M would be good for both. Perhaps if the price was low maybe we can get the glass man and call it a summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->