News: Julius Honka has asked for a trade (did not get signed/traded before Dec 1st deadline)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hah, cool. Gets to play with his brother in their home town. I will surely go watch him play, he is a top player at the Finnish league level. He will leave as soon as he is traded, but I am not sure at all it will happen any time soon.
I would not hold my breath waiting for a trade. He is most likely just going to end up in the same spot next year.

How do next year's QO's work in this case? Does he need a fresh QO in 2020 for Dallas to retain his rights?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Much like JP, I don't see Honka being traded before December 1st unless other GMs are burning up Jim Nill's phone lines asking about him.

Doubtful.

Nice that he's back home and still playing, at least!

Reactions: gwh

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So we’ve probably got about 4 hours for any news to break.

Given his play in the Finnish league so far, it wouldn’t be all that surprising to me if today makes or breaks his NHL career.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If either club wants to do something at the TDL, then getting a draft pick for either guy gives them extra ammo to use to upgrade their roster for a playoff run, as neither guy would be eligible to play for them in the playoffs if they are not signed.
As Bobby Mac said, I don’t see Edmonton moving Puljujarvi, but a Honka trade for the Stars could very possibly happen. There’s a few teams that are in need of D.
Would depend on the asking price... both Dallas’s and Honka’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad