News: Julius Honka has asked for a trade (did not get signed/traded before Dec 1st deadline)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Figured last season when Kling went down that Honka would be given a half decent look, but Miro ate all those minutes and from what I initially saw didn't really take the bull by the horns anyways.

He will probably end up in the K.

He was for a couple of games but Honka just couldn't be trusted . He might make a nice move or pass and the next second he slips and falls down trying something risky or turn the puck over recklessly. He's just not a smart player.

Analytics tell Honka is great but then you watch the games and you yell at the screen for him to get off the ice. I have no idea how thats possible but thats how it was.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Honka should sign whatever meagre two-way contract Dallas is offering and then go on waivers. Or he should have signed his QO back when he had the chance. He completely needs a fresh start elsewhere. It may not be enough to salvage him, but nevertheless that has got to be the next step. And in order to take that step, he needs a contract.

And frankly, Dallas should just shrug and accommodate him at this point. I don't know what purpose would be served in trying to retain him. They wouldn't use him last year. Why would the coming season be any different? So just trade him for nothing, somebody else's dead contract, or sign him to some meagre contract and waive him. It's over either way. They don't get anything if he isn't signed and goes back to play in Finland instead. The asset is already burned. It was a #14 overall draft and all, but that's gotta be marked down as "bust" at this point. Move on. And do it with class in a way that lets the player move on too.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Considering most of HF doesn't know him, I'm going to go ahead and assume he's rather decent. Not a great young player but a useful one who doesn't get much attention.

HF hivemind only knows about hype, nothing about talent.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
He was for a couple of games but Honka just couldn't be trusted . He might make a nice move or pass and the next second he slips and falls down trying something risky or turn the puck over recklessly. He's just not a smart player.

Analytics tell Honka is great but then you watch the games and you yell at the screen for him to get off the ice. I have no idea how thats possible but thats how it was.

Yup we have a guy like that whose name rhymes with SchMarincin.

Well, good luck to Honka wherever he lands.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
We'll take him.

Pretty embarrassing that some HFers don't know who he is.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sometimes guys just don't develop the way we expect--even first rounders. Part of it was Hitchcock wasn't a big fan of his game and didn't give him much playing time, which stalled his development somewhat.

Ruff didn't like him, Hitchcock didnt like him, Monty didnt like him.

He can't defend against NHL level competition.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I'd do Goldobin for Honka. Might be a bit of an overpay by the Canucks, but I figure both are in Europe by next year. I'd rather have the depth at D than the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->