News: Julius Honka has asked for a trade (did not get signed/traded before Dec 1st deadline)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Anyone who's actually watched Honka can tell you this means nothing. Honka isn't an NHL player for Dallas.

If he gets traded and works out elsewhere, great. Good for him. It's not happening here. He thinks the game far too slowly (which is something I don't think will be fixed by a trade). There's a reason even when we were 11-12 defenders deep earlier this season, Honka STILL wasn't getting any playing time.

He's shown flashes, especially in 3-on-3 OT where you don't have to think the game as quickly. The talent, offensive ability, skating, that's all there. His mind just isn't. Too much hesitation in his game.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Depending on Paul is viewed by management in this training camp maybe a Paul for Honka based deal?

Ottawa will need to add to Paul but with Wolanin out for a bit I rather Ottawa take a chance on Honka then maybe rush bran

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Depending on Paul is viewed by management in this training camp maybe a Paul for Honka based deal?

Ottawa will need to add to Paul but with Wolanin out for a bit I rather Ottawa take a chance on Honka then maybe rush bran

He will want to be traded to a team that will play him all year and not send him to the AHL. He would be competing against Jaros and Jaros has the edge on him right now.
Dont see this being a good fit for Ottawa.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Didn’t this guy say yesterday that Provorov was bad? Flyers fans I’ll do you a favour and swap you Honka for him.

Provorov is bad. As Micah points out he gives up a ton of high danger chances and doesn't generate much the other way.

Honka is underrated. Not suggesting he's better than Provorov but he clearly is good enough to play regularly.

Reactions: JackFr

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time Nill re-acquires a player he had already dealt away once before (for Spezza). :dunno:

What use is Nick Paul to the Stars, though?

Evergreen

This guy used to be highly touted. What happened
Sometimes guys just don't develop the way we expect--even first rounders. Part of it was Hitchcock wasn't a big fan of his game and didn't give him much playing time, which stalled his development somewhat.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean yeah. He was scratched for 3 straight months and hasn't signed his QO .

By the way he will not be waived since he's not currently under contract . Either Stars find a trade partner or he has to find a job not in the NHL .

Last season when the Stars had like 5-6 injured defenseman he got his shot with Montgomery. He blew it. AHL guys and a guy who just signed an ELC thanks to a good traverse City tournament Ben Gleason played more than him.

If you can't beat out Joel Hanley , Taylor Fedun , Ben Gleason , Gavin Bayreuther and Roman Polak playing for a coach who does use analytics quite a bit there's something wrong with you.

His analytics allways looked great. On the ice he was awful.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I mean yeah. He was scratched for 3 straight months and hasn't signed his QO .

By the way he will not be waived since he's not currently under contract . Either Stars find a trade partner or he has to find a job not in the NHL .

Figured last season when Kling went down that Honka would be given a half decent look, but Miro ate all those minutes and from what I initially saw didn't really take the bull by the horns anyways.

He will probably end up in the K.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Figured last season when Kling went down that Honka would be given a half decent look, but Miro ate all those minutes and from what I initially saw didn't really take the bull by the horns anyways.

Hey, a Jimmy Two Times sighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad