Julien Shakes It UP

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I agree with you but since Looch is the one being demoted from the top line I get the impression that Claude Julien thinks he's the main issue. Otherwise he'd have demoted Horton instead.

Disagree. He put him down there to simplify his game, and b/c he knows Lucic has produced on every line he's ever played on.

What has Horton ever done w/o someone handing him a gimme? He'd do even less moved down to that line.

One of the biggest problems w/ LKH is speed. Now they have that in Marchand.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Disagree. He put him down there to simplify his game, and b/c he knows Lucic has produced on every line he's ever played on.

What has Horton ever done w/o someone handing him a gimme? He'd do even less moved down to that line.

One of the biggest problems w/ LKH is speed. Now they have that in Marchand.

Agree, I don't think Claude is out to punish anyone with this shakeup. I think he's just trying to find some different chemistry and make to unproductive lines productive again.

bigcat188

Nov 24, 2011
Cape Cod
Interesting to see so much **** is being thrown on the person who scored the game-winning-goal in TWO game 7 playoff games. Without either of those goals, there is no Cup Finals, never mind an actual Cup.

How long you going to live off that...yesterday is in the rear view mirror?
It's all about what your doing today!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
How long you going to live off that...yesterday is in the rear view mirror?
It's all about what your doing today!

In sports more than anything this is so true.

What he did in the past is nice. What he is doing today, and what is he capable of doing in the future is very important.

Kaoz*

In sports more than anything this is so true.

What he did in the past is nice. What he is doing today, and what is he capable of doing in the future is very important.

It's completely impossible to judge this without looking at Horton's past. This argument works against itself very well.

There is far more focus on the former then the latter, especially here. This is true for all players, and has led to some classics such as "Kovalchuk is washed up", "Recchi needs to be waived", and "Thomas is an at best backup goalie". If there were more focus on the latter what he's done in the past takes center stage and at that point you realize Horton is a 60+ point player who is recovering from a nasty concussion.

hopkinsj31

Oct 20, 2006
Newfoundland
All the stuff you stated in the last paragraph are the things Lucic can't do this year, in a shortened season and with the refs being told to call things, such as that.

He runs a goalie and you will see him get suspended for 5 games. He starts scrapping in front of the net like you want and he could get 4 minutes in minors and a 10 to follow that.

No one is engaging Lucic because they know he fights better when angry and also they know he is sleeping right now and it's best to let a sleeping giant sleep.

Yes, it's probably a little overboard to suggest he run a goalie, but he needs to engage someone. Do something, show some emotion, give himself that boost he dearly needs.

He's been going through the motions, and every team in the eastern conference is just fine letting him snore through the season. No one else is going to wake him, he needs to do it himself.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I was hoping CJ would do this. I highly doubt he is punishing anyone. When you shake up lines some people have to move up and some have to move down. CJ is just trying to put together some lines that he thinks will work. Hopefully his changes will show results tonight.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I liked those new lines.

Any idea why he took Lucic off line 3? I thought it gave them crazy depth. That line was giving Toronto so many headaches.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
haha, crap, thought that looked too good there.

Marchand - Bergeron - Caron (Iginla)
Paille - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Seguin - Peverly

Les fixed!

Ta der

I'm sorry, Caron is not a 1st liner. Heck, I'm not even convinced they should have let him out of Providence! 3rd/4th liner at best. We're not likely to get Iginla so I guess our best hope is to wait for the Yeti to show up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad