Julien Shakes It UP

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
The only thing I dont understand is why MacD is not in Providence. If they want someone to rot on the bench then call up Whitfield. MacD is still developing and must be way out of game shape by now. He still should be in Pro. It's just confusing

A Healthy Kelly*

Bergeron isn't exactly thrilled about it either. To quote Bergie off of Csnne.com. ...You do what is best for the team...that is all I can say about it.

I think the new lines could work but when Bergeron is not happy that is more than a little bit of a red flag.

You're inferring that he's unhappy. I don't think he's implying that at all. He's making an ambiguous statement to the media; they all do this. I bet you if they asked *insert roster player* he'd have said the same thing.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The lines Julien went to will not work, Horton does nothing for Krejci.
This to me is a short term mix up created only to wake up Lucic.
Krejci needs a shooter with him and Horton has gone south when it comes to putting pucks on net.

If you wanted to make a worthwhile change you'd do something like this and it may look like this in the near future, and it would also keep a guy like Spooner in the mix as well by giving him a responsible winger in Paille and a big body like Horton...But you just get the sense that Julien wants no part of Spooner right now. Julien is looking to win a cup not develop anyone and yet Spooner with 20 games under his belt may just bring an Element to the Bruins that Julien may crave later on.

But I must say this is not a Stanley cup team, upgrades need to be made no matter what Julien does. And a number 4 defenceman is a huge part of that as well.

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Peverly
Paille Spooner Horton
Caron Campbell Thornton

Marchand is currently the best shooter we have. He is also good at creating space in a different way than Lucic. I have no issue giving him a spot next to Krjci. I do wonder why Horton is still on the wing.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Krejci needs a shooter with him and Horton has gone south when it comes to putting pucks on net.

If you wanted to make a worthwhile change you'd do something like this and it may look like this in the near future, and it would also keep a guy like Spooner in the mix as well by giving him a responsible winger in Paille and a big body like Horton...But you just get the sense that Julien wants no part of Spooner right now. Julien is looking to win a cup not develop anyone and yet Spooner with 20 games under his belt may just bring an Element to the Bruins that Julien may crave later on.

But I must say this is not a Stanley cup team, upgrades need to be made no matter what Julien does. And a number 4 defenceman is a huge part of that as well.

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Paille Spooner Horton
Caron Campbell Thornton
I like your lines as far as no.1,2 and 4 go.I don't think the 3rd line would be very effective but then again pretty well all year long we have had ineffective results with the 3rd line.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I thought this was going to be Claude doing the Harlem Shake. I'm slightly disappointed.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Still no Seguin playing center? Friggin Julien...Give this kid a time to shine.
Who does he play with? We are thin on the wing, Seguin at center is a redundancy. I think everyone screaming for him too be a center needs to give it up for awhile. He is not a center the way this team is currently constructed.

That could change of course if we don't get as far as the ECF.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
I know it's the bash Lucic again; and I will admit I'm guilty of it also, but how does Lucic get sent to the 3rd line but that soft piece of crap Horton gets to stay on the so called top line...

Color me confused.:shakehead

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I know it's the bash Lucic again; and I will admit I'm guilty of it also, but how does Lucic get sent to the 3rd line but that soft piece of crap Horton gets to stay on the so called top line...

Color me confused.:shakehead

I wonder if it is as much that they are doing a left wing shuffle than anything else. All the right wings stayed the same-well Caron is playing off wing but he was doing that already.

By all the centers and right wings stayed the same. Probably because they wanted to reward Paille. Not sure if shifting Marchand to Krejci is a good thing or not. Will have to see that line in action.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Awesome, except I'd rather have kept the Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line together.
I'd agree but the have cooled the last few.

When no one is scoring then everyone can be moved around.

If I have learned anything about Claude it's this, he will try this short term. If it does not work he will go to what he knows. He does not like change.

This would be much less of an issue if Chiarelli had addressed the third line wing spot.....a year and a half ago.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
I wonder if it is as much that they are doing a left wing shuffle than anything else. All the right wings stayed the same-well Caron is playing off wing but he was doing that already.

By all the centers and right wings stayed the same. Probably because they wanted to reward Paille. Not sure if shifting Marchand to Krejci is a good thing or not. Will have to see that line in action.

Thornton has played better then Horton, shift them around...

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Hey, if this shake up works to jolt some guys - namely Lucic and Horton - out of their doldrums, that's fine. But I wonder if a simpler move might have been to just switch Krejci and Bergeron. Switch the engines instead of rearranging the tires.

That puts a lot of speed and playmaking ability with Marchand-Krejci-Seguin, and maybe Bergeron's grittier, hard-working ethic lights a fire under Lucic and Horton.

Then again, maybe those 2 need to be split up. Lucic seems to be bringing an effort, but seems to rarely show that second effort needed to keep plays going, maintain possession, etc. Our first-line talent needs to play with 4th-line energy. So maybe spending some time on those lines is what they need.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Yea but color me unimpressed with Paille playing next to Seguin and Bergeron. It like putting Campbell out there in the last 2 mins of the game. You can have all the effort in the world but when you lack talent, there is not much you can do.

I won't argue that.

But sometimes the shakeup can do wonders for all those involved.

Paille does to some extent though adds a little different makeup to that line.

I'm personally not expecting these line up changes to last more then one, maybe two shifts though before Julien goes back to the norm.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
haha, crap, thought that looked too good there.

Marchand - Bergeron - Caron (Iginla)
(Clowe :amazed:) Paille - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Seguin - Peverly

Les fixed!

Ta der

I likes. :nod:

With the way Claude roles all 4 lines the top 3 lines need to be a threat to score. If you can't role three scoring lines then you need to feed the top 2 lines more minutes. This switch-a-roo makes more sense. All three lines can score and would be an absolute matchup nightmare for any defense.

Also added another rental in there just for S and G's.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Paille Spooner Horton
Caron Campbell Thornton

this is what the lines should be.
seguin should be with krejci and looch. Looch should not be on the 3rd line. you are basically wasting him there. Looch/segs have had chemistry in the past.

pevs is perfect for the 2nd line wing. Maybe it will get him going. plus, you have to keep marsh and bergy together.

not sure why julien isnt using these, but im not gonna argue with him. He sees the team better than all of us, so he must see something we dont.

But it just seems like he made those lines up to piss looch off more than anything.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

Brad Marchand and Daniel Paille were promoted, a struggling Milan Lucic was essentially demoted, and the Bruins skated with four completely new lines during a Sunday morning practice at the TD Garden.

The shake-up:

Brad Marchand - David Krejci - Nathan Horton
Daniel Paille - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin
Milan Lucic - Rich Peverley - Jordan Caron
Jay Pandolfo - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Asked what went into the change, coach Claude Julien said, "Because I can. Because I’m the coach. And every once in a while you have to do those things. It’s as simple as that."

About Time!!!!!!!!

bigcat188

Nov 24, 2011
Cape Cod
Next stop for Lucic will be parts unknown jf he don't turn in around quick he has trade value.
Were stuck with Horton I think he has a no trade...who would want him anyway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad