Julien on Bergevin and Drouin

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
When he realized he couldn't skate.
we all saw it man it was pathetic.

Then healthy scratch him until he's 100% and say that's the reason. Everyone would be fine with it.

Instead he put him on the fourth line and told reporters it was a strategy to spread the offence out.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Eh not a fan of Guy Boucher anymore. He was great with what was a stacked Hamilton team back in 2010 but man is he boring. We blamed MT for lack of scoring, very questionable personnel decisions, boring old style and relying on his goalie. Well...Boucher is exactly like that but worse. His offense was worst (!!) than us last season, their corsi was one of the worst in the league, games were boring as hell. He got the sens far but they took advantage of something we couldn't, take advantage of a lucky draw. He brought a Tampa team far in 2011 as well only to lose his job two years later.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Eh not a fan of Guy Boucher anymore. He was great with what was a stacked Hamilton team back in 2010 but man is he boring. We blamed MT for lack of scoring, very questionable personnel decisions, boring old style and relying on his goalie. Well...Boucher is exactly like that but worse. His offense was worst (!!) than us last season, their corsi was one of the worst in the league, games were boring as hell. He got the sens far but they took advantage of something we couldn't, take advantage of a lucky draw. He brought a Tampa team far in 2011 as well only to lose his job two years later.

Wouldn't surprise me if history repeats itself. OTT could miss the playoffs this year (look at their pattern, in/out/in/out). Anderson is 36 how much longer is he going to be able to carry them?

If I presented GB's advanced stats and told LG or WTK that it was MT's numbers they would have no problem believing it and trashing them.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You overstate your point but I can't say I completely disagree.

In last year's sixth playoff game Julien used Galchenyuk to take an offensive faceoff in the dying minutes. And that was after he had Galchenyuk play 4th line wing for most of the series. I had to look twice to make sure that Therrein hadn't kidnapped Julien and taken his place behind the bench.

I suspect there are more similarities between Therrien and Julien than we're ready to admit. Julien just has better bedside manners.
I have to exaggerate because calm, quiet posting won't be acknowledged here and would be outshined by loud mouths who just want to disagree.

Therrien with better bedside manners is exactly right... until proven otherwise.

Performance art?
Then the Habs as an organisation are the world's worst curator. :sarcasm:

No, he wasn't. He looked drunk most of the series. We couldn't finish. That was completely on us.
Proven when he was lit up by the freaking Sens.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

And...he almost gave his letter of resignation at the end of this season, for personal reasons. I don't expect him to stay in Ottawa very long.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I have to exaggerate because calm, quiet posting won't be acknowledged here and would be outshined by loud mouths who just want to disagree.

Therrien with better bedside manners is exactly right... until proven otherwise.

Then the Habs as an organisation are the world's worst curator. :sarcasm:

Proven when he was lit up by the freaking Sens.

Touche.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Lundqvist was shaky as hell against us. When a goalie makes 5-10 acrobatic saves a game, it means he's mostly out of position. Habs just couldn't finish. Remember Pacioretty's breakaway in the third period of game five with the game tied? His shot was so bad, I couldn't believe it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad