Prospect Info: Julien Nantel

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
http://www.tvasports.ca/2014/10/27/le-destin-de-nantel-lie-a-tourigny <---link

The fate of Julien Nantel appears to be linked to André Tourigny.

When he was drafted by the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, led by Tourigny at the time, the 18y old forward didnt expected to cross once again the road of his former coach.

"When I was drafted in Rouyn-Noranda, I said:" This is far away. "Once at camp, my opinion has changed. I realized that it was a great organization, "Nantel told when met by TVA Sports.

Even if he had been selected by the Huskies, Nantel returned to the midget AAA for a year. An Advice from Tourigny which was beneficial for Nantel.

"Tourigny told me that if I stayed, I'd be a 13th or 14th forward. He advised me that it was better for me to return to Midget AAA. "

The following season, in 2013-2014, Nantel had a season of 34 points in 68 games with the Huskies.

a long wait

At this year's National Hockey League Draft, Nantel did not expect too much, though obviously he expected teams to call his name .

"The second and third rounds took place, but I didnt think that i would being drafted this early" Nantel said.

"Then the fourth, fifth and sixth round went ... teammates looked at eachother as more rounds passed. I was really stressed out. "

There were only six players to be named when finally the Avs called Nantel, in the seventh round, 204th overall pick.

Hard not to think that Tourigny, is not for something.

"I'm sure he had good words for me. He saw me at Huskies camp at 16 and 17 years . " noted Nantel.

We didnt spoke again , but (Tourigny) just told me after the draft that the round that I was chosen didnt matter. The important thing was to be selected. "

The rest of the Article is mostly about his family and how they are at 100% behind him and really proud that Natel has been drafted .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks for sharing. I think Nantel is an interesting prospect. People might forget about him a bit because he was a 7th rounder but he should have gone higher. He already has like 6g 5a this season and appears to be a lot more responsible for offense than he was last year. I've seen him play a bit too, he has a really aggressive style that's pretty fun to watch.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nice find. Like reading these back stories and interactions from years ago.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Nantel was actually a prospect I liked, so I couldn't be more pleased we got him, and in the 7th round too (gem).

Reading that interview, the one thing that sticks out to me is he seems coachable, and that he forms good working relationships with his coaches.

Bullish on Nantel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad