Player Discussion Julien Gauthier

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Blackwell continuing to score has had a domino effect. I don’t want Kravtsov ever sitting again. Krav is where Goat should be every night because Blackwell refuses to give Quinn a reason to sit him.

If Seattle takes Blackwell and Buch is moved in the offseason, we can run Kakko, Krav & Goat down the RW in October. For now, he sits.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Why wouldn't we want Buch, Kakko and Krav?

Kakko and Kravtsov are both more talented players, keeping Buch potentially blocks 1 of them from the top 6 and power play.

Kakko and Kravtsov are also cheaper, we already signed Kreider and Panarin for big money. How much money can we spend on wingers?

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Yeah, looking at the skill on the right side, Buchnevich blocks the high end talent (K&K) and doesn't merit being on the third line, where Gauthier should be.

Reactions: bl02

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
1) can they actually produce like Buchnevich first?
2) How much money? Considering the fact that as they are the line drivers negates the need for elite centers, a lot.

If we can fit them all in then great, wingers are the strength of our team and still would be without Buch IMO. Something needs to give somewhere.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Points per minute played he is not much different than other guys. He is 23. I would keep him. I do see good skill. He is more productive than Boyle at age 25

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Blackwell continuing to score has had a domino effect. I don’t want Kravtsov ever sitting again. Krav is where Goat should be every night because Blackwell refuses to give Quinn a reason to sit him.

If Seattle takes Blackwell and Buch is moved in the offseason, we can run Kakko, Krav & Goat down the RW in October. For now, he sits.

Blackwell was put on the 2nd line and then he started to score. I can’t shake a feeling that he’s being shopped. If so we can see Gauthier as early as Tuesday.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
True, only thing is that he's gonna be needing a contract, how much and how long is the issue and how that impacts us in a year, 2 years, 3 years.

I don’t even think that’s the issue. Skjei was traded with a lot of term and $$ left on his contract and returned a 1st. The only issue for Buchnevich new contract is NTC.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Kakko and Kravtsov are both more talented players, keeping Buch potentially blocks 1 of them from the top 6 and power play.

Kakko and Kravtsov are also cheaper, we already signed Kreider and Panarin for big money. How much money can we spend on wingers?
How about someone outplaying Buch before we decide he's scraps to be dumped for younger guys. Just when he's playing good 2 way hockey we get rid of him? For Gauthier?

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL

Buch is 5th RW in goals and points; the other two have fewer points in their career than Buch this year. The kids will need to prove themselves before the Rangers move a guy who this year broke out as a first line player.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
How about someone outplaying Buch before we decide he's scraps to be dumped for younger guys. Just when he's playing good 2 way hockey we get rid of him? For Gauthier?

This is how I feel. Kakko, Kravtsov, and Gauthier are nice on paper, but still total question marks going into next season. With Buch, you know you’re probably going to get 50-70 points and solid two-way play.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
If Gauthier wants to remain a Ranger and be a factor he has to start playing a nasty 4RW game. He is massive, and his speed can give d-men nightmares on the forecheck. He has to throw the body.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Blackwell has been up and down the lineup and found ways to produce. When he recently replaced Kakko on Strome and Panarin’s wing both he and Kakko started to produce at a better clip.

The Rangers have to figure out how they want to go forward as far as managing their cap but it’s bs that Gauthier or Kravtsov are already better players than Buch. Buch is doing a lot of things for the Rangers and of his 35 points only 6 are power play and he does a lot of penalty killing.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009

He isn't scrap, he can be sold very high right now. The point is we have already spent money at the position and we have high end young talent behind him. Trade from a position of strength.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
He isn't scrap, he can be sold very high right now. The point is we have already spent money at the position and we have high end young talent behind him. Trade from a position of strength.
So which of our young NHL Defensemen are you shipping out because you have high end young talent behind them?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
So which of our young NHL Defensemen are you shipping out because you have high end young talent behind them?

We only have 1 making money and that is Trouba. If he could be traded I would consider that as well.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yeah, looking at the skill on the right side, Buchnevich blocks the high end talent (K&K) and doesn't merit being on the third line, where Gauthier should be.

There is no set of conditions where I would rather have Gauthier than Buchnevich in the lineup.

Actually, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me ever want to see Gauthier on the Rangers unless he is used and plays like a checking forward on a 4th line.

While he might become worth something, I'd bet against it at this point.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Buchnevich will be under appreciated as long as he’s here. People are out to lunch. He’s even added feistiness to his game and ability to battle on the boards and win battles. Guy has guts. Not to mention his skill. He’s killing penalties now and people want to toss him out. None of those RWs are ready to step up.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I used to believe this about Dubinsky, and he actually reached 50 points a couple of times.

Buch had 46 in 68 last season and has 35 in 39 this season. I think it is more likely than not that he finishes with 50-70 in a full season next year. I do not feel that way at all about Kakko, Kravtsov or Gauthier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->