Confirmed with Link: Julien Gauthier to NYR for Joey Keane

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
After listening to that, it does feel like the frustration was mounting for him. Don't get me wrong, I think he just kept pressing forward, but some of those comments lean toward feeling like he didn't have a chance to prove himself. Not that there's anything to it. He was essentially blocked by NHLers in the only role available to him.

Still, I do believe we may have missed an opportunity. Big, strong, fast scoring right-shot wingers don't come along everyday. He might end up being nothing more than a grinder or a tweener. I'm hoping he does well as I was always an advocate.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Was as advertised in his first game. Great size, speed, strength, willingness to shoot the puck, and no-headlights-on tunnel vision as well

He’s remarkably consistent in getting a few of those bull rushes per game, even in his games with the Canes in limited minutes. The issue was that he’s never scored on one, even once, in preseason or regular season at the NHL level. So far he’s been the king of “almost scoring.”

I have a sneaky feeling the dam will break tonight though.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Very polished PR responses, JG. Sounds like that Big Apple PR machine is already setting him up for success. They really know how to optimize the promotion and market for their players. Some of how we handle matters like this is on the tacky and insensitive side at times.

Really hope it all works out for him now that he has a real chance.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Very polished PR responses, JG. Sounds like that Big Apple PR machine is already setting him up for success. They really know how to optimize the promotion and market for their players. Some of how we handle matters like this is on the tacky and insensitive side at times.

Really hope it all works out for him now that he has a real chance.

My IRL initials are JG and this post had me very confused for a minute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->