AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
tenor.gif

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Keane is a 20 year old RHD. Posted 8g 22A in 49 games in the AHL. Seems like he projects to be a solid starter. Rangers RHD depth means he has no spot. I suppose we felt the same about Gauthier. Seems like two good players swapped here.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Keane seems like a player who ironically has been blocked by Carolina trading Fox to the Rangers.

Puck carrier, puck mover, just called up to the Rangers this week due to injuries but no NHL games yet that I see.

I understand everyone is concerned about replacing Hamilton, and this may do that short-term without making a long-term sacrifice since Keane is just starting his ELC. Also expansion draft exempt.

But at what point do we start to see them address the lack of RH forwards??

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I...what?? So **** Goat we need ANOTHER D prospect? Guess we don't need any RH forwards that can score, since we've got Nino and Dzingel and Haula and all? We've got Bean, Kaski, Priskie, McKeown all potentially knocking on the door for callup-potential, and we get rid of one of our few potentially NHL ready forwards for more D? Must really be something about Goat's game they didn't like and didn't think would translate to the NHL

EDIT: I HOPE this means we may jettison one of TVR/Fleury/Edmund for better D-help (DeMelo/Vatanen) OR scoring forward help OR a goalie and actually give some spot-starts to one of that handful of AHL d-men knocking on the door

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Keane is not waiver eligible for another two seasons. so, looks like another right-shot defenseman gonna percolate in Charlotte for the next little while.

it's time for the percolator

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Our best goal scoring prospect for another RHD. Makes sense.

Feels like Gauthier asked for a trade and this is what the Canes could get. I know nothing about Keane. Maybe the Canes love his game.
This is what it feels like to me, I just can't find any other reasoning other than Goat asking for a trade unless they just thought that their guy was better than our guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->