Jukub Sindel comes to Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safir*

http://www.whl.ca/headlines/?id=2555

Brandon, Manitoba - Brandon Wheat King fans received an early Christmas present today with the news that highly touted 18-year old Jakub Sindel from the Czech Republic has agreed to join the club for the balance of the 2004-05 Western Hockey League campaign. A 6' 175 lb center, Sindel (pronounced Shin-dell) was one of Brandon's two first round selections (13th overall) in last June's Canadian Hockey League Import draft.

Sindel, represented by Rich Evans of The Sports Corporation, was a second round selection (54th overall) of the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2004 National Hockey League Entry Draft in Carolina. A gifted offensive player, Kuba scored fourteen goals and 30 points in 53 regular season and playoff games last season with Sparta of the Czech Republic Elite League. The youngest player to ever record a hat trick in the Czech Senior League, he was nominated for that league's rookie of the year honours last season.

He was struggling in the Czech Republic and was send to the 2nd league for getting his game together. Hopefully the move the WHL will help him to get his game back.

Note: Can one of the mods correct the title to Jakub and not Jukub? Thx.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
sindel has an insane offensive upside. i expect him to tear up the WHL and score a ton. He was probably the most purely skilled offensive player in his draft.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
From what Ive heard this guy is an awesome offensive talent. But he has never "scored a ton" in his pro career, and Id expect him to have a tough transition to NA hockey because of his size. If he can put up 0.5 points a game, then thats a good season.

Vik

Nov 18, 2004
I'm very happy I get a chance to see so much of him here in Brandon. I just hope the transition isn't too tough for him.

As for who he'll play with, I'm thinking he may end up on the top line with Fehr and Stone because Codey Burki has been surprisingly good with Timmy and Lance. Though I wouldn't be too surprised to see Codey moved back down. They could always move Topilko back to playing the wing like he did earlier on this season I suppose.
Doesn't hurt to have him for the power play either (even if we already have the top unit in the league).

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I really think it would give him a huge boost to play with Fehr and Stone in his adjusting. Hopefully he gets his confidence up early to make the whole life style transition easier.

X-SHARKIE

From what i've seen of him at the WJC's last year, which was a modest viewing at best. This guy might struggle early in his first few games in the Dub.

It's a physical league. Sindel has unreal talents but he's extremely thin, unless he's bulked up he'll be pushed around quite a bit when opposing big players. He does show willingness to compete though and that might go along way.

BUT! this is perfect for his devolopment. Hawks fans should be excited that he's going to learn the North American game in a very talented, physical league with players his age in the WHL.

Overall this is good news for all three parties involved, Sindel because he'll be playing again, Blackhawks well get a top prospect a better devolopmental situation, and Brandon well get a very talented player to go along with Fehr and Stone. But I wouldn't be concerned if he struggles early.

Vik

Nov 18, 2004
Just to give you guys an update, Sindel got his 1st goal last night on the empty net they call Adam Ward. He was an even, though the goal against he was on for was Tyler Plante's fault. He's playing on the 2nd line with Konsorada and Monych as well as the 2nd power play (which isn't much). He was also on for some shorthanded shifts with Codey Burki. Unfortunately, the game was pretty bad to try to get a good idea of what kind of a player he is. There were 17 powerplay opportunities between the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad