GDT: Juego Uno: Ducks @ Avalanche: A hora 6:30 PST 10/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think he chooses who he thinks gives the team the best chance to win. With fatigue, playing time, and injury a non-factor here, yeah, I think it's pretty telling that he goes with Fasth first.

So, you're saying that if, for game 2, he goes back to Hiller then he suddenly changed his mind? Does that really make sense?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So, you're saying that if, for game 2, he goes back to Hiller then he suddenly changed his mind? Does that really make sense?

If Fasth plays great and he goes back to Hiller, then yes, I would agree with you. If Fasth plays great and he stays in net? Then you're off.

If you want to judge what's important right now based on what you think will happen later, that's fine. But as of right now, it is absolutely telling that he gets first crack.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If Fasth plays great and he goes back to Hiller, then yes, I would agree with you. If Fasth plays great and he stays in net? Then you aren't.

If you want to judge what's important right now based on what you think will happen later, that's fine. But as of right now, it is absolutely telling that he gets first crack.

And if Fasth just isn't that great, and he goes to Hiller? Wouldn't that support exactly what I said? Hiller didn't look great in his last game. Fasth's turn.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Starting Fasth is not the same as banishing Hiller to the A but I think it is a clear sign that Hiller is not the default #1 guy. I think BB will alternate goalies as much as he switches line combos, just not in the same game with the goalies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Starting Fasth is not the same as banishing Hiller to the A but I think it is a clear sign that Hiller is not the default #1 guy. I think BB will alternate goalies as much as he switches line combos, just not in the same game with the goalies.

That's kind of what I expected heading into the season. An alternative possibility is that they want to see if Fasth can be the #1 guy, but in general I just don't think we have a default #1. Just a good duo.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
And if Fasth just isn't that great, and he goes to Hiller? Wouldn't that support exactly what I said? Hiller didn't look great in his last game. Fasth's turn.

If Fasth sucks then why wouldn't he go back to Hiller? So? The point we're making is that it's interesting that he has more faith in Fasth to start the season. Because that's what starting him in the first game means. It doesn't mean everything but it doesn't mean nothing.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
To me, Fasth is the before all-star game goalie and Hiller is the after all-star game goalie. Ever since that odd vertigo symptom, it seems as though Hiller takes a while to get accustomed to the bright lights that the ice reflects and it takes half a season to adjust. LoL But I'm not complaining because we do have two very good goalies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I can't remember the last time that we had a player that was in the coach's dog house because of pre-season. I remember Carlyle being pissed about Mikkelson and Salcido, but they were prospects.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

BB last year picked goalies with their record against the team they're facing in mind. I read I think on Stephen's twitter that Fasth had a shutout against Colorado last year. That could factor into the decision.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Dan Wood ‏@Duckscolorman 48m

Indications are the odd men out of tonight's #NHLDucks lineup at COL will be LW Dustin Penner, C Peter Holland and D Hampus Lindholm.

#NHLDucks coach Bruce Boudreau said LW Dustin Penner will "probably not" play tonight at COL. LW Patrick Maroon "earned" that spot in camp.

Boudreau: "We really are counting on Dustin Penner to be a big part of this club. He's worked very hard in practice the past 10 days."

More Boudreau: Wants young D Hampus Lindholm to "watch a game," see how speed, intensity ramp up in regular season.

Well BB is making penner earn his ice time.. As I said.. Hes lighting a fire on that train..

I actually think he's doing the right thing here. I'd only consider Lindholm over Vatanen. Too much green in the blue line otherwise.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Magnus and his beautiful flow won't be playing tonight? Disappointing.

Doesn't sound like it. Boudreau said he wanted Magnus to get a look at the speed of a regular season game. Hopefully we can see him next game.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Doesn't sound like it. Boudreau said he wanted Magnus to get a look at the speed of a regular season game. Hopefully we can see him next game.

Sounds like BB is just jealous because he can't grow a good flow these days :rant: ;)

Interesting to see Penner scratched in Game 1, if that doesn't light a little bit of fire, nothing will

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Sounds like BB is just jealous because he can't grow a good flow these days :rant: ;)

Interesting to see Penner scratched in Game 1, if that doesn't light a little bit of fire, nothing will
Hope it does. But it has followed him his whole career, so I don't know what it would take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->