GDT: Juego Uno: Ducks @ Avalanche: A hora 6:30 PST 10/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pretty happy with those D pairings. I'd like to see Lindholm get a look, but I understand why Boudreau might not want to throw him in right away.

I call BS!

Lindholm had plenty of time watching the team last season when he had a concussion and didn't go back to Norfolk after the WJC's. He's scored 3 goals in the pre-season and his reward is to sit and watch the effin' game??? He can watch the game he played in afterwards in the video conference room.

I swear, this is dumb. There's an inkling that he's just a warm body here until Sbisa gets back so that they don't have to burn Lindholm's 9 games until he starts his ELC. Right now, he's on the slide rule because he's under 20 years old. I was hoping to see Lindholm get a call up last year, but nope.

I dunno. Seems like a dick move for player who's shown very good promise in the preseason.

Yeah... I'm just ranting and I have no real idea what BB wants or sees. But watching the game isn't the same as playing the game.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I am leaving class early to watch the game...anything less than a win will make me mad :rant:

Lets go Ducks!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah the "watch" a game thing is very George W.. He needs to play to learn the pace, not watch it. I can watch it too, that doesn't mean squat.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Considering Lindholm played so well in preseason (according to mgmt) it seems rather odd that he would make the team only to sit. Sometimes BB can be a little frustrating with his line changes. This move seems to be along those same lines.

8inblack

Apr 28, 2009
Hesperia, CA
One game is the edge?

You can't seriously go into this hard of a denial. Both of them are ready to play by all accounts I've seen. There is 0 reason for Fasth to start this game unless BB thinks he is the better player right now, by however wide or slim a margin you want to guess.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Getting the first start of the year is fairly telling. Doesn't mean it lasts, but it doesn't mean nothing.

I guess I just don't feel that way. I see it as one game. I don't think Boudreau plans to do something different because it's the first game.

You can't seriously go into this hard of a denial. Both of them are ready to play by all accounts I've seen. There is 0 reason for Fasth to start this game unless BB thinks he is the better player right now, by however wide or slim a margin you want to guess.

I think Hiller didn't have a great prior game, so Boudreau is going with Fasth to start. That's all I see it as.

Edit: And for the record, I really don't care who plays more games. I just don't think there is much significance in one game.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I guess I just don't feel that way. I see it as one game. I don't think Boudreau plans to do something different because it's the first game.

I think he chooses who he thinks gives the team the best chance to win. With fatigue, playing time, and injury a non-factor here, yeah, I think it's pretty telling that he goes with Fasth first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->