GDT: Juego Uno: Ducks @ Avalanche: A hora 6:30 PST 10/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
I'd like to see Penner play but I really can't argue against tonights lineup but disappointing Lindholm is apparently a scratch

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Play an NHL game.

Or he could just watch one to see how fast the NHL game is. :laugh:

da ****...why?? i know fasth is good but hiller is #1...is hiller injured?

After last year, nobody is a clear cut #1. Hiller played like **** the last preseason game. Ask Penner what happens when you do that. BB said he expected to switch during the season and go with the hot hand at times. Fasth played better recently so he starts. No mystery there.

People who keep saying preseason doesn't matter are missing the point. It's true that game results (W-L) don't matter. How well players take direction, how well they correct their mistakes, how well they play with others, and a whole lot of subjective things coaches look for do matter. Preseason is not just an extended rookie camp while the vets kick back.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
:laugh:

tumblr_ll8ykuzkYl1qikpvto1_400.gif

Well the theme this year is unfinished business.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Really disappointing that Magnus doesn't get his chance.

And it's so god damn annoying that BB goes with every player available on earth before trying Palmieri on the top line. I'm sure if Maroon turns out to be a failure we will see the likes of Beleskey, Cogliano, Winnik and Silfverberg before Palmieri gets his earned opportunity.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Dan Wood ‏@Duckscolorman 48m

Indications are the odd men out of tonight's #NHLDucks lineup at COL will be LW Dustin Penner, C Peter Holland and D Hampus Lindholm.

#NHLDucks coach Bruce Boudreau said LW Dustin Penner will "probably not" play tonight at COL. LW Patrick Maroon "earned" that spot in camp.

Boudreau: "We really are counting on Dustin Penner to be a big part of this club. He's worked very hard in practice the past 10 days."

More Boudreau: Wants young D Hampus Lindholm to "watch a game," see how speed, intensity ramp up in regular season.

Well BB is making penner earn his ice time.. As I said.. Hes lighting a fire on that train..

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Dan Wood ‏@Duckscolorman 48m

Indications are the odd men out of tonight's #NHLDucks lineup at COL will be LW Dustin Penner, C Peter Holland and D Hampus Lindholm.

#NHLDucks coach Bruce Boudreau said LW Dustin Penner will "probably not" play tonight at COL. LW Patrick Maroon "earned" that spot in camp.

Boudreau: "We really are counting on Dustin Penner to be a big part of this club. He's worked very hard in practice the past 10 days."

Sounds like Penner came into camp out of shape and has recently started to get in better shape.....

How does a guy with a 1 year contract after having the type of seasons he has recently had come into camp out of shape?

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Sounds like Penner came into camp out of shape and has recently started to get in better shape.....

How does a guy with a 1 year contract after having the type of seasons he has recently had come into camp out of shape?
Because he got paid handsomely for the same attitude too many times?

AnaheimDucks91

May 10, 2013
Can someone provide me with a link where I will be able to stream the game? Hopefully one where it's free and don't got to register for anything :D thanks!
Go Ducks Go! The season is FINALLY here!!

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i like the lines today. im really glad maroon is in for penner. we'll get to see perreault. and i dont mind lindholm sitting out a game to get more accustomed to the play.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
Roster per ducks website :
Ducks
Maroon - Getzlaf - Perry
Silfverberg - Perreault - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Winnik
Beleskey - Bonino - Palmieri

Fowler - Beauchemin
Fistric - Lovejoy
Allen - Vatanen

Avalanche
O’Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
McLeod - Mitchell - Bordeleau

Hejda - Johnson
Barrie - Guenin
Benoit - Sarich

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Pretty happy with those D pairings. I'd like to see Lindholm get a look, but I understand why Boudreau might not want to throw him in right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad