Confirmed with Link: Judd Peterson signs 1yr AHL deal with Amerks

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
He will be 25 when the 2018 season starts. He had 6 goals all season. We have a team of those guys. I cannot see using one of our 50 contracts on him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Any chance for an ATO with Cincy even?

I'm torn on that. On one hand, he's got some tools that could be good in a mid-line 2-way player: faceoffs, PKing, good shot, willingness to get to the net. On the other, he's not really converted to the degree one would hope. If the ECHL is still the death knell for future pros, maybe he isn't interested in it. I'd make the ATO offer for Cincy in good faith and see what he can do... both to be honest with him and as a way of acting in accordance with trying to get Borgen into the fold too.

He, Brown, and Willman as a trio... wanted one who could at least be a pro, even if it was an AHLer.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Apparently he had some hip problems this year which might explain the reduction in output. He looked good in development camp. Here's hoping he earns at least an AHL contract for next year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll be interested to see what role he gets and how he performs. Funny to have a Regier and a Murray pick both signing the same day.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In terms of adding someone, this is the team captain of an NCAA powerhouse who played important minutes while at St. Cloud. My comments pro to him are a few posts back - he does a lot of things in a pro style that could have use. Scoring isn't really his thing, but there are things he can do and I'll be curious to see how it works out for him. I hope it goes well.

Reactions: Dingo44

Deleted member 27798

If Peterson can help solidify defensive play among the forward group, great. If not, the ATO goes away at seasons end, and they part ways.

Reactions: brian_griffin

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I hope it works out. We could use a 4th line defensive centre who has some size, grit, and can skate.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would be great if he could amount to even a passable AHLer. I'm hoping all that time with St. Cloud pays off and he is useful for Taylor these last few games.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - Unfortunately he didn't play in Wednesdays 3-2 overtime loss to the Utica Comets.
His next chance to play will be Friday night when the Amerks host the Charlotte Checkers.

Reactions: Steddy33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad