Confirmed with Link: Judd Peterson signs 1yr AHL deal with Amerks

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
In SCSU's 3-0 win over Alaska, Peterson finished +1 with 1 G, 3 SOG, and 2/3 at the FO dot .. on-ice for GF3.
Following a scoreless second period, SCSU capped the night in the third period with a goal by Judd Peterson at 6:26 that made the final 3-0. Peterson jumped on a loose puck in the crease to tap home the point with assists being credited to Mikey Essyimont and Jimmy Murray.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@MickHatten -
Short-handed goal by @SCSUHUSKIES_MH's Judd Peterson (4th of the season) with assists to Kalle Kossila and Nate Widman at 13:28 of 1st. SCSU 1 QU MIH 0.
For @SCSUHUSKIES_MH - Judd Peterson (@pitbull018) has 4 goals, including 2 short-handed. Had 4 goals (all even strength) in 37 games last season.
Goal by @SCSUHUSKIES_MH's Judd Peterson (5th of the season, 2nd of game) with assists to Jon Lizotte and Mika Ilvonen at 1:43 of 2nd. SCSU 2 QU MIH 0.

LaxSabre - Unfortunately Judd and the Huskies lose to the Quinnipiac Bobcats 5-2.

@MickHatten - @QU_MIH 5 @SCSUHUSKIES_MH 2 FINAL. SOG - QU MIH 41 SCSU 34.

@SabresProspects -
Judd Peterson turning into an interesting story line. He has his fourth goal of the year and second while shorthanded. SCSU leads QUI 1-0.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Peterson looking good to start his year .. #18 in black scoring the first two goals in the clip below .. had his hat trick bid stopped at 0:53 too:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
St.Cloud looks great this year, Peterson is a completely different player, Lindgren has been a stud and the seniors Morley, Prow, and Murray have been really really good.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Catching up here, Peterson scored his seventh goal of the season two weeks ago in SCSU's weekend split with North Dakota:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Peterson scored his 10th of the season tonight in their win over UNO, but did not return for the third period after slamming into the boards; the speculation was a shoulder injury:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Tough break, as Peterson will be "out until after Christmas" per his coach:
St. Cloud State, though, had another play go down with an injury and he is not going to return to the lineup for a while Judd Peterson, a center who scored the game-winning on his team-leading 10th goal of the season, crashed into the boards with 2:05 left in the second period and did not return.

“He’s going to be out until after Christmas,†Motzko said.
http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports...y-scsu-has-bad-period-but-beats-uno/76643200/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

Judd Peterson picked up a goal and two helpers as St. Cloud blanked Arizona State 7-0.
Peterson - 17GP - 12G - 7A - 19PTS. Points in four straight games.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Judd Peterson picked up a goal and two helpers as St. Cloud blanked Arizona State 7-0.
Peterson - 17GP - 12G - 7A - 19PTS. Points in four straight games.

Judd Peterson/St. Cloud State home game vs Colorado College on Friday, January 8 will be televised on the CBS Sports Network - 8:30 pm ET.

If you want to see Arizona State play - their home game vs Yale on Friday, January 8 will be televised on the Pac-12 Network - 10:00 pm ET.
(Replay - Saturday, January 9 - Pac-12 Network - 7:00 am ET-9:00 am ET.)

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I believe he's a sophomore, so you'll have to wait a couple more years. :)

He's certainly been a productive player this year.

Hey SNC, good to see you!

Agreed on Judd. It's nice to see a mid-late rounder having some success. I'd like to see him percolate for at least one more year and then he may be worth an ELC.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
It's kinda weird, feels like Peterson has been in the system forever and yet he's still just as sophomore. I actually thought this was his last college season and that he barely had any shot at a pro contract until I looked up his career stats a few months ago...

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I believe he's a sophomore, so you'll have to wait a couple more years. :)

He's certainly been a productive player this year.

He's also 22 years old right now - having played 2 full seasons in the USHL. I think the question has to be asked and the assessment made as to how more experience in college vs the AHL will help him maximize his development and reach his potential.

-He'll be 23 next September for his junior year
-That would make him 24 the following year should he earn a contract and turn pro after his junior season.
-With a typical full year at the AHL level to get him accustomed to the pro game - that puts him at 25 by the time he could challenge for a roster spot - if at all by then. More likely that he would be in the AHL for a second season.

Seems to me that time is working against him. Might be this year or bust for him. I'm thinking perhaps an ATO after this college season and we'll see.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
He's also 22 years old right now - having played 2 full seasons in the USHL. I think the question has to be asked and the assessment made as to how more experience in college vs the AHL will help him maximize his development and reach his potential.

-He'll be 23 next September for his junior year
-That would make him 24 the following year should he earn a contract and turn pro after his junior season.
-With a typical full year at the AHL level to get him accustomed to the pro game - that puts him at 25 by the time he could challenge for a roster spot - if at all by then. More likely that he would be in the AHL for a second season.

Seems to me that time is working against him. Might be this year or bust for him. I'm thinking perhaps an ATO after this college season and we'll see.

Hopefully he can be an NHLer. Out of college, plays in the AHL a year or two and then can make the big club at 25 or so.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Judd Peterson/St. Cloud State home game vs Colorado College on Friday, January 8 will be televised on the CBS Sports Network - 8:30 pm ET.

Just bumping this up since the game is this Friday. May record this to watch later as I'll be watching the Sabres-Blackhawks game at the same time.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

St. Cloud State wins 2-1. Judd Peterson didn't factor in the scoring - had three shots on goal - one in each period - and was 7 for 17 on face-offs.

St. Cloud State and Colorado College play game two this evening - 7:07 local face-off in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad