Prospect Info: Judd Caulfield (5th round, #145 overall, 2019)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
37f1920eafc0ddcd51eafd07d2dfac9f.jpg

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Scored more than Beecher who was selected 30th by the Bruins. Of course that doesnt really mean anything.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Attending North Dakota. Don't know anything about this guy otherwise. Doesn't list skating as a weakness in the scouting report, so presumably our best pick yet.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Bob had him @ #85.
McKeen's had him @ #74.
FC @ #87.

That's what I found on Eliteprospects. Seems like good value at #145 based on pre-draft rankings.
Our last two picks seem to be really good value relative to where we were picking. So far so good.

Reactions: Bruce

Bruce

Jun 22, 2019
Bob had him @ #85.
McKeen's had him @ #74.
FC @ #87.

That's what I found on Eliteprospects. Seems like good value at #145 based on pre-draft rankings.

Some more rankings

Draft Rankings

Ranked 72nd Overall by Bob McKenzie's TSN Mid-Season Draft Ranking - January 24th 2019 - Link
Ranked 67th Overall by Craig Button on Craig's List - TSN.ca - January 7th 2019 - Link
Ranked 50th Overall among North American Skaters by NHL Central Scouting - January 21st 2019 - Link
Ranked 84th Overall by Future Considerations Spring Rankings – March 5th 2019 -Link
Ranked 56th Overall by CanucksArmy.com Winter Rankings for the 2019 NHL Draft - January 7th 2019 - Link

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I see... a pattern. Yes, yes I'm pretty sure a pattern is developing here.

Also seems like a lot of teams are drafting need-first not BPA this year based on a few reports I've read. Although in this case if he's been consistently ranked in the top 85 or so players, getting him well past pick 100 would seem like a BPA scenario?

Overall sounds like its been a bit of a weird draft. And then Shero goes all Shero on everyone and trades for that Subban guy. Didn't work out in Catfishville apparently but don't look forward to having that bastard in the division.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Not as excited about this pick. Not sure he can elevate beyond line 4. I think the key for him will be if he can play center in the pros. Is already a face-off guy. His size, defensive acumen and face-offs would play in the NHL. As a winger, I don't see it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So thats 3 straight power forwards. Okay then.

All seem like decent prospects for where they were taken. None reaches.

My only objections remain system and team identity oriented. Flashbacks to two years of mistakes pursuing size have scarred me for life.

This team has seemed to be rudderless, unsure of an identity to pursue and pulled in at least two different, and incompatible, directions.

I just wish that all parties in the organization would decide on an identity and stick to it pursuing it relentlessly and without confusing divergences.

Reactions: Burn and Andy99

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I see... a pattern. Yes, yes I'm pretty sure a pattern is developing here.

Also seems like a lot of teams are drafting need-first not BPA this year based on a few reports I've read. Although in this case if he's been consistently ranked in the top 85 or so players, getting him well past pick 100 would seem like a BPA scenario?

Overall sounds like its been a bit of a weird draft. And then Shero goes all Shero on everyone and trades for that Subban guy. Didn't work out in Catfishville apparently but don't look forward to having that bastard in the division.

Crosby can just pin him to the ice and punch him in the face a few times.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I'd rather draft these types of players late than trade for them at the deadline, like Daniel Winnik. Not an exciting pick but it's sensible

Reactions: Jacob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad