Jtuzzi's Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Im loving my team, We just lack super-star talent. If anyone wants to trade a...well, Paul Kariya type player ( Tried to get Kariya, PB hasn't replied yet :p ) PM me and we'll work out a deal.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
VanIslander said:
Stumpel in the 12th round felt like a steal to the Boston Bruins. :)

He was a good pick too, like I said, there were many in the 12th. IMO, Rucchin was a better pick, one of the most under-rated players in the league and a top shutdown guy.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
Spitfire11 said:
6 - Forsberg(my choice for overall), how on earth did Fedorov, Jagr, and even Sundin get taken a head of him

for me, it was-

1) he gets injured a LOT these days. The last I heard he was injured and out for the rest of this season.

2) he probably would have been playing in sweden this season, regardless of what happened with the NHL, and there's no telling what he'd do next season either.

great player, I thought really hard about drafting him to put with bertuzzi, but over say the next 3 seasons there's a decent chance he wouldn't play 50 games for the lightning...

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
wolfen said:
for me, it was-

1) he gets injured a LOT these days. The last I heard he was injured and out for the rest of this season.

2) he probably would have been playing in sweden this season, regardless of what happened with the NHL, and there's no telling what he'd do next season either.

great player, I thought really hard about drafting him to put with bertuzzi, but over say the next 3 seasons there's a decent chance he wouldn't play 50 games for the lightning...

Exactly.

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
jtuzzi21 said:
How does everyone feel about there teams right now?

I think Calgary has been boosted up right behind Vancouver. That's just my opinion. NYR and VAN are looking great with their limited money. Anyone want to do a By Division Ranking of the Teams?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I really like my depth, and have made some good deals, getting some CAP room. Zubrus was the perfect type of 2nd line LW I wanted, and my top 4 on defense is top notch.

David Draiman

Just getting back into the swing of things after a month or so away from this is very difficult, I'm majorly out of it. :)

thecanucker

Jan 25, 2003
Kootenys
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
I really like my depth, and have made some good deals, getting some CAP room. Zubrus was the perfect type of 2nd line LW I wanted, and my top 4 on defense is top notch.
Maybe u can return the fav and give me ur 14th for Surovy

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
How does everyone feel about there teams right now?

tampa bay is working out more or less the way I planned so far... solid defense, solid goaltending, bertuzzi, jagr. The idea was to be sort of like calgary last year only with two forwards who are capable of playing like they're top-5 in the game, instead of one who pretty reliably does.

detroit isn't working out at all like I planned but that's because staal and frolov were still on the board at the end of the third round. You never know for sure with young players, but I think this team would probably be really good in about 5 or 6 years.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Bruins have the size and skill desired, and depth upfront with a third line of Sturm-McCauley-Ekman.

I just wish I hadn't traded away my 15, 17, 18 to move up and get skill. I'll need to budget for rookies or role players for the fourth line. Oh well, the fun of the cap!

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
jtuzzi21 said:
I really like my depth, and have made some good deals, getting some CAP room.

The Lecavalier for Morrison deal was robbery. IMO, that's the deal that's put your team in the top-5. Getting Zubrus for Surovy was also a very good deal.

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Spitfire11 said:
The Lecavalier for Morrison deal was robbery. IMO, that's the deal that's put your team in the top-5. Getting Zubrus for Surovy was also a very good deal.

I don't really think that. I got a 11th round pick and Mo, who brought Character onto my line. If I had Vinny, I would end up being too young.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
NeoCanuck said:
I don't really think that. I got a 11th round pick and Mo, who brought Character onto my line. If I had Vinny, I would end up being too young.

Considering Lecavalier is better now, has more/better playoff experience, and has captained a team before, the age factor really doesn't count for **** in this discussion.

BlueBleeder

Sep 28, 2004
Looking for others
Thoughts on my teams--

Washington -
Forwards -- Kind of worried about Ladd on the top line. Koivu and Zherdev might not be able to carry him. Radivojevic I feel would thrive playing with Demitra. Too bad I don't have Handzus to center them though.

Defense -- Needs a bit more toughness. Sydor and Hedican provide vetren leadership. Suter is probably not ready, might have to send him down.

Goal -- Luongo.

New York -
Forwards -- Elias - Gomez - Kovalev might be the best puckhandling line ever, I'd expect explosive offense from them 100+ goals, close to 300 pts. Big drop off in scoring after them, but 2nd and 3rd lines can still chip them in. Stewart probably gets alot of time in front of the net on the PP with Kovalev on the point.

Defense -- Jackman and White are rock solid in thier own end. Phaneuf gets to learn from one of the best in Leetch.

Goal -- The big questionmark with this team. Miller won't have to play great everynight to win games though. Average goaltending won't cut it in the playoffs though.

Minnesota-
Forwards -- Lots of size, will be a handful for defensemen. Probably not enough scoring though.

Defense -- Niinimaa and Grebeshkov should be able to manage the PP with Witt and Sarich provding the toughness.

Goal -- Lots of questions here. Is Fleury ready and can he hold up for an entire season.

Overall I like New York the best, but I think Washington would have the best chance of winning it all.

NeoCanuck

Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Lehtonen32 said:
Considering Lecavalier is better now, has more/better playoff experience, and has captained a team before, the age factor really doesn't count for **** in this discussion.

Meh, I didn't know anything about players in drafts back when I started, so I guess Jtuzzi ripped me a off a bit..meh, water under the bridge.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I would put Mario , Tanguay and Alfie up against anyones top line. Both wingers are 70+ points and Mario would thrive with a little offencive help. Tanguay missed 10 gms and still racked up 70+. My second line center Nedved had a point a game in Edm and could fill in anytime for Mario plus play the point on the pp which he did very well. Edm was a good fit for him and he will not have the same results with Phx but with a wife that looks like his no doubt he is whipped.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
jcorb58 said:
I would put Mario , Tanguay and Alfie up against anyones top line.
Well, when your team visits Boston, the Bruins will use home-ice advantage to get the last shift change and match Sturm-Holik-Guerin up against them. :beatup: :toothless :hockey:

David Draiman

VanIslander said:
Well, when your team visits Boston, the Bruins will use home-ice advantage to get the last shift change and match Sturm-Holik-Guerin up against them. :beatup: :toothless :hockey:

Not a bad shutdown line. Now if only someone could find a way to shut down Guerin's mouth. ;)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Danrik V.2 said:
Not a bad shutdown line. Now if only someone could find a way to shut down Guerin's mouth. ;)
Ha ha. That's true.

Don't forget: after causing a turnover, those three know how to put the puck into the net. Mario without the puck isn't going to stop any of them these days!

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Kari Lehtonen is on the block.

Why? Because I think there is no reason to have two protential franchise goaltenders who are only a year apart. ;)

What I am looking for? A #1 goaltender and we start from there, most likely expanding the deal to get right value.

So, PM me if interested... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad