JT on Boomer and Carton

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01...john-tavares-is-ready-for-puck-to-be-dropped/

Here's the link for JT on Boomer and Carton this morning if anyone wants a listen.

Carton really does his research, "What were you doing these past few months?" Moron.

This should be fun. I wonder if they ever got that golf thing in. Boomer/Callahan vs. Carton/JT. That was great from last year's interview.

EDIT: Take it back, Carton is still a complete moron. Boomer isn't much better. Calling out Matty Marts? 12 Isles fans? Jerk.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
I have a HUGE disliking for Carton. Can't even watch the show on MSG, Carton is another one who feels he has to be loud and obnoxious, so friggen annoying, his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Boomer I like a lot, really enjoy his insights and sense of humor (enjoy him and Phil Simms going after each other, funny stuff). Plus he's a pretty knowledgable Ranger's/Hockey fan.

goalsniper

Mar 11, 2011
I thank WFan for having an interview with JT, even if it is for the "12 of us". I like Carton, he makes me laugh a lot but sometimes he is just a jackass

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Any exposure is nice but Carton's one concern with this team is matt martin? Too funny. You could hear the surprise in JT's voice as he was doing his dishes, "Matt Martin?" I think he set him straight after. Hopefully everyone knows Carton is a baffoon and things he says not to be taken too seriously, since it is just his schtick.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Cannot stand Boomer as he is one of those arrogant rag fans I cannot stand. Problem is, most rag fans are arrogant yankee fans. Now I dislike arrogant yankee fans just as much, but at least they win- and win a lot so you have to tolerate their arrogance. rag fans forget they have only won one cup in 70 years...

camper*

So true about Carton but theres lots of talk here in Canada how Marty would fit in nicely on many teams. His sand paper is hard to find.:nod:

camper*

So true about Carton but theres lots of talk here in Canada how Marty would fit in nicely on many teams. His sand paper is hard to find.:nod:[/QUOTE]

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Cannot stand Boomer as he is one of those arrogant rag fans I cannot stand. Problem is, most rag fans are arrogant yankee fans. Now I dislike arrogant yankee fans just as much, but at least they win- and win a lot so you have to tolerate their arrogance. rag fans forget they have only won one cup in 70 years...

Hey man, I'm a die hard Yankees fan. It balances me out with my Isles fandom - the Isles are my first love though. Yeah, I admit I'm an arrogant ass though. ;)

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
This should be fun. I wonder if they ever got that golf thing in. Boomer/Callahan vs. Carton/JT. That was great from last year's interview.

EDIT: Take it back, Carton is still a complete moron. Boomer isn't much better. Calling out Matty Marts? 12 Isles fans? Jerk.

If Boomer called out Martin it's most likely an inside joke, Martin is dating his daughter.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
If Boomer called out Martin it's most likely an inside joke, Martin is dating his daughter.
It definitely sounded like a joke to me. Carton called out Martin though, but he didn't sound really sincere. When he asked about Martin's penalty minutes, you could hear Boomer chuckle.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

Is he really? That would be very funny if they married. Like the Hatfield's and McCoy's, a diehard Ranger fan like Boomer having his daughter marry an Islander. That makes sense since Boomer was talking about the rumors of Martin being traded far away like Vancouver.

Arrogant yes, but I always liked Boomer. LI boy makes good in the NFL but then again they didn't publish the fact he was a Rags fan on the back of his playing card. Formed my opinion well before that and he solidified it when he played with my Jets.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
If we are all bashing Carton, deservedly so, he did say one good thing to start the interview that JT is one of the top 5 players in the league (right before he asked him what he did for the last few months during the lockout), so it wasn't all bad.

Isles Maineac

Jan 16, 2013
Gorham, ME
JT is cool, calm and collected not just on the ice, but when he is being asked inane questions. I actually always enjoyed listening to B&C on the FAN b/c of the laughs they provided me on the way to work. Carton just has no clue about hockey, so I wouldn't take his comments on Islander Nation too seriously. He did praise JT from the outset. I was sort of surprised that Boomer offered nothing meaningful during the interview...then again...typically Rags fan :shakehead

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Just saw the JT interview on T.V. and the Martin thing was definitely a joke. If you saw their facial expressions, you could tell. Boomer was in a Rag$ Lundy jersey and Carton was wearing an Islanders jersey.

will5059

Mar 7, 2010
Madison CT
Now it makes sense. I drive a delivery truck so I'm in and out all day with the fan on. Later in the show Boomer said how "all the sudden my daughters into hockey, out of no-where." And then Carton asked him what he would do if his daughter came downstairs wearing islanders pajamas? His reply was "that wouldn't happen, I raised her better." ...... Good stuff. Listen Boomer is a Ranger fan but for the most part he doesn't kick them when their down, and I feel he does in fact want all 3 NY teams to be relevant and successful . He just happens to be a Ranger fan. He and Carten have their little shtick but I think you should take what they say as "tounge and cheek". Cartons sister is an isles season ticket holder. He knocks hockey to bust Boomers balls. I don't take it personally. At this point no press is bad press.

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006
Its a terrible shtick though. A man gets paid money to yell about sports and he cant even do that well.

Jeffster

since Easter Epic
Jan 25, 2011
Texas
Yeah, it was funny to hear Carton say "On AFC/NFC Championship weekend, I'm bringin hockey guys on!" when I'm much more psyched for hockey and couldn't really care much less about the NFL games! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad