Confirmed with Link: JT Miller signes 5-year extension ($5.25M AAV)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought we missed because Cooper only knows how to chew gum? FFS dude you can't even keep your story straight anymore.

Got any of that footage of Tavares yucking it up with Todd Kalas at Tropicana Field in the midst of a contract negotiation? Funny how we can't prove how Stamkos hasn't been back. Let's say he has. Now we can prove he's merely decided to not play puppy dog for the camera

...Are you seriously holding it against Stamkos that he went to a baseball game in his hometown? The Blue Jays are the only MLB team in Canada. Of course they're going to put Stamkos on TV. I think you're taking this way too seriously.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Read the tea leaves, you all should be very excited about what this signing means if he had every intention to sign Miller.

That he's going into a meeting with Tavares despite that says that he is extremely motivated to trade Callahan and Coburn. HE'S GOING FOR IT, he's jettisoning the dead weight, and I'm totally on board that it might even cost us some picks or prospects to dump contracts. He has the muscle to do that with our organizational depth.

I hear what you are saying. But RS, how are we going to sign such and such?

Miller is very tradable, Yzerman can rest on his laurels until he needs cap space in a pinch next offseason.

...and guess who's NMC expires just in time for re-up Sergachev and Vasy? Our boy Killer.

Didn't realize that. That's actually pretty big. Does it shift to a NTC or is there no protection?

I worry about Killer's skating. When he came into the league, he wasn't the fastest guy, but he wasn't slow either. He was about average. Now he just looks so stiff. I don't know how much more speed he can lose and still be effective.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
...Are you seriously holding it against Stamkos that he went to a baseball game in his hometown? The Blue Jays are the only MLB team in Canada. Of course they're going to put Stamkos on TV. I think you're taking this way too seriously.

No he can do whatever the hell he wants. I just find it funny that in 10 years he has been able to go all the games he wants since then and the only time he's had the camera on him was during a contract negotiation

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
No he can do whatever the hell he wants. I just find it funny that in 10 years he has been able to go all the games he wants since then and the only time he's had the camera on him was during a contract negotiation

latest

Who does Stamkos play for again?

Reactions: Stammertime91

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Didn't realize that. That's actually pretty big. Does it shift to a NTC or is there no protection?

I worry about Killer's skating. When he came into the league, he wasn't the fastest guy, but he wasn't slow either. He was about average. Now he just looks so stiff. I don't know how much more speed he can lose and still be effective.

16 team trade list beginning July 1st 2020

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I get you if it's summer 2016. We have the benefit of hindsight though, to see that it had no effect on his signing. You're like a reverse time traveler freaking out about the optics :laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Funny thing is he does go to Blue Jay games all the time, Toronto was trying to leverage his baseball ties by giving him batting practice invites and putting him on camera.

Not sure why any sane person would get worked up about it, it's clearly was part of their pitch not his long desire to go back home :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It is what it is. I just simply haven't forgotten what it was like checking on updates for a whole year then suddenly he's done something else Toronto related while consistently under performing all season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It is what it is. I just simply haven't forgotten what it was like checking on updates for a whole year then suddenly he's done something else Toronto related while consistently under performing all season.

I don't think it's fair to call out his under-performing as something he's at fault for. I think it's more likely that this is just what he's capable of now, because of all the injuries. Most players get injured throughout their career, whereas Stamkos got all his bad luck in a hellish 3 year window. And now we have a guy who only really scores goals on the powerplay, and is trying to improve his playmaking ability to compensate.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The National NHL Sirius station discussed Millers deal today. They didn’t hate it, didn’t love it. Suggested it’s about right, maybe a little high, for a 25 year old with Millers production.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The value is right. I would have like 5 flat but that's nitpicking. My concern is the length. Would have been pleased with anywhere from 5-5.5 for 3 years. He won't be old or past it at 30, I just don't want anymore 5x5s at the moment.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Rangers will be glad they didn't sign him for longer.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They know they won't be competing for two years and they don't know what else to do with him. They might try the ol' pump n' dump too.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
How many points do you guys think he projects for next year? I think if he can countinue trending up and be a 60 point guy for you, this will be a pretty solid value deal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How many points do you guys think he projects for next year? I think if he can countinue trending up and be a 60 point guy for you, this will be a pretty solid value deal.

Points depend almost entirely on who plays with Kucherov and Point, primarily. So I could see Miller hitting 70 with Stamkos and Kucher, or 60 with Point-X, or 45-50 if he spends a lot of time on 3rd without 30 goal guy nearby.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Well he was almost a ppg for the rest of the regular season he had with us. Not expecting him to do that all season here but its reasonable to think that he could have a career year if he's healthy all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->