Confirmed with Link: JT Miller signes 5-year extension ($5.25M AAV)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Would have liked shorter term, but he should be an effective player.

If there is no NMC/NTC, I'm fine with it.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
For better or worse. I'm very skeptical with resigning McD, I feel he's going to have a harder and faster drop off than what we got from Stralman.

I wasn’t terribly impressed with him either. This season will be telling with a full offseason to adjust to the system. If he looks good, I am fine with resigning for 4 years or less.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
For better or worse. I'm very skeptical with resigning McD, I feel he's going to have a harder and faster drop off than what we got from Stralman.

McD will be a serviceable defenseman for a long time, but will be nowhere near the money he'll get as a UFA.

Enter Karlsson... ;)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
yzerman tried to trade for miller in the marty st. louis deal back in 2014 this does not surprise me at all

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't hate it. This probably takes us out of the Tavares running unless Yzerman does something off the cuff. Callahan becomes tradeable July 1st

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Not surprising and I'm really ok with it. Hopefully he'll get even better once he becomes more settled in with us.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Did anything ever come out about his health in the playoffs? All we've gotten are two polar opposite small sample sizes, makes it difficult to react to this.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Seems good. Not a fan of the NTC even if it's just an 8 team no list. Similar production to Schenn who signed a similar deal two years ago, hopefully he can hit another gear like Schenn did.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I get it from the Rangers fan who are going to hate him forever, but other than that I don't see a compelling argument for why this would be a bad deal.

6.6% of the cap into his age 29 season for a physical and consistent 20+ goal scorer who could very well hit 30 and 65 next year. Idk man.

And I get the playoff thing, but man he was far from the only one who sucked against Washington. He just has that reputation so he gets an unfair amount of the criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->