Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller and Cam Talbot recalled

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I'm loving Boyle on our 2nd line. LOVE!!!! IT!!!!!!

:shakehead

Stop living in last season, please! Boyle is currently our second best C. Next to Brass. He cannot finish, but shut down C is not expected to score. Up until Stepan gets going Boyle should play agaist opponent's top lines. The rest have negative +/-

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is it the coaching staff or management? Or both? The coaching staff isn't necessarily responsible for who's called up. They are responsible for assembling the best line combinations from the roster they're given. If Vigneault doesn't think Miller is better than, say, Pyatt, and truly belongs on the fourth line, then it's management's fault for calling him up to begin with.

While this is true, one would hope that a half decent management team would at least consult with the coach before making the call ups.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
if you are unable to determine which line is the second line then you need help.. *hint: The 2nd line is the one with Stepan on it ;)

Wrong. Stepan centered 3rd line last game. You cannot give more time to players who allow goals, while not score. Stepan is not back to his form. Yet.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
if you are unable to determine which line is the second line then you need help.. *hint: The 2nd line is the one with Stepan on it ;)

Does it really matter if he's on the 2nd or 3rd? He really doesn't belong on either one. That Stepan line is garbage anyway, especially defensively which leads to Boyle getting more ice time and posters calling for his head. Put him on the 4th and leave him there where he belongs along with PK time and taking key face offs and nobody would really complain. Unfortunately this is how the team is built and players are asked to fill roles they can not. The 2nd line is a bunch of passers with little to no finishing ability, its basically the Brassard line from earlier except that Stepan is more effective defensively but not nearly enough to carry those other two.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Miller isn't ready.

I'm going to say it in every thread regarding him.

I hope to God he proves me wrong, but I haven't seen it yet.

He IS ready. Miller is too good for the AHL. If you watched this faves, it would be obvious.

He needs to stickhandle a bit less and instead to make quicker decisions, but he can learn that in the NHL.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He IS ready. Miller is too good for the AHL. If you watched this faves, it would be obvious.

He needs to stickhandle a bit less and instead to make quicker decisions, but he can learn that in the NHL.

Exactly. He needs to learn here. He's ready. Give him proper minutes and deal with any growing pains.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Is it the coaching staff or management? Or both? The coaching staff isn't necessarily responsible for who's called up. They are responsible for assembling the best line combinations from the roster they're given. If Vigneault doesn't think Miller is better than, say, Pyatt, and truly belongs on the fourth line, then it's management's fault for calling him up to begin with.

Its also management's fault that they have no other choice, as soon as 2 injuries hit, to start bringing up guys that aren't ready for the NHL

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Welp, It's my first time doing this. Guys, let me know if I can improve my technique.

FIRE AV.

BarbaraAlphanse

...because playing Miller in a top 9 role makes too much sense, apparently.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I couldn't agree more with all of this. :handclap: Playing him on the 4th line hurts my brain.

Boyle and Pyatt SUCK.

Thanks to the cluster**** of a roster handed to him, now complete with a couple of injuries, Vigneault is almost forced to ask himself "What can I do to limit the potential for a disaster?" when hes housing a lineup.

As much as you hate to admit it, Boyle and Pyatt are safer bets than Miller and Kreider. Any coach trying to keep his NHL job would likely agree (especially given Sather's persistent 'win now' mandate). A whining arm-chair fan likely wouldn't agree.

BarbaraAlphanse

While we're at it. Let's play our fastest player, one who has creativity and good puck control, with our two slowest and least inspiring puck possessors. Fire Tor... wait...

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth

Nope...I get that the Stepan line SHOULD be the 2nd line. Makes perfect sense. However, I was going from left to right on RB's post (a retweet from practice), which had Boyle centering the 2nd line listed. And I am assuming of course they were listed in the order of the lines (i.e. 1, 2, 3...). If not...then boom, mea culpa.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I guess Del Zottos flu shot also went wide....

@AGrossRecord: AV said Del Zotto could travel tomorrow to DC for game but "unless energy wise he feels better, he's not going to play."

Count on at least two penalties from falk tomorrow

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nope...I get that the Stepan line SHOULD be the 2nd line. Makes perfect sense. However, I was going from left to right on RB's post (a retweet from practice), which had Boyle centering the 2nd line listed. And I am assuming of course they were listed in the order of the lines (i.e. 1, 2, 3...).

Why would you assume that? It's a tweet about practice...

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Boyle has been getting top six minutes at even strength this year, as has Pyatt. So Boyle's line technically could be the 2nd line, as sad as that sounds.

BarbaraAlphanse

Thanks to the cluster**** of a roster handed to him, now complete with a couple of injuries, Vigneault is almost forced to ask himself "What can I do to limit the potential for a disaster?" when hes housing a lineup.

As much as you hate to admit it, Boyle and Pyatt are safer bets than Miller and Kreider. Any coach trying to keep his NHL job would likely agree (especially given Sather's persistent 'win now' mandate). A whining arm-chair fan likely wouldn't agree.

1-4. They've really helped us. We've won despite them.

If AV can't see that the 2 rooks are safer bets than Boyle and Pyatt then he isn't as smart as he wants everyone to believe.

Doesn't take a whining arm chair fan to see we have 5 remaining 4th liners on this team. Doesn't take a whining arm chair fan to see that the new lines we have constructed are ****ING HORRENDOUS.

I HAVENT BEEN THIS ANGRY SINCE TORTORELLA!

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
@AGrossRecord: AV said Del Zotto could travel tomorrow to DC for game but "unless energy wise he feels better, he's not going to play."

Count on at least two penalties from falk tomorrow

Energy wise? What happened to DZ, he ran out of batteries?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I agree with Boyle 100%. The guy gets terrible amounts of flak for no reason and is a better option right now. Pyatt on the other hand...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
1-4. They've really helped us. We've won despite them.

If AV can't see that the 2 rooks are safer bets than Boyle and Pyatt then he isn't as smart as he wants everyone to believe.

Doesn't take a whining arm chair fan to see we have 5 remaining 4th liners on this team. Doesn't take a whining arm chair fan to see that the new lines we have constructed are ****ING HORRENDOUS.

I HAVENT BEEN THIS ANGRY SINCE TORTORELLA!

So, for the record, 2 NHL coaches think Miller and Kreider should be in the AHL, and you think they should be up playing, replacing Boyle and Pyatt.

You are championing change just for the sake of change. These 2 NHL coaches, one of whom has won a Stanley Cup and one who has been to a final game 7, know more than you do.

BarbaraAlphanse

I agree with Boyle 100%. The guy gets terrible amounts of flak for no reason and is a better option right now. Pyatt on the other hand...

People need to understand roles on a team.

Boyle and Pyatt are being handed not just top 9 forward minutes, but top 6.

Top, mother****ing, 6 minutes to stone hands Boyle and molasses skates Pyatt.

Pyatt is useless. He just never makes mistakes for people to rag on him. He's neither here nor there. Sometimes, if i'm just looking at the game from my peripherals, I mistake him for a referee on the ice - that unnoticeable.

Boyle on the other hand, deserves a spot on this team. He however, does not deserve top 9 minutes. People love to get on him because even the softest of passes will ricochet off of his stick and down the ice 60 feet. He plays with energy, he has a pulse, he's not a stick handler or a goal scorer. Yet he gets top 6 minutes. He's a safe bet over Pouloit and Pyatt. He's not a safe bet over Kreider or Miller as a skill forward.

Remove Pouloit. Remove Pyatt. Call up Miller. Call up Kreider. Play them with Callahan.

Too logical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad