JT for C

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I think Tavares is a class enough guy he wouldn't care much.
Nothing to do with your post but...

I remember when I was a kid and my friend had the amazing (for its time) Intellivision. He would bring it over and we would play for hours.

Then, one night, he was going to take it home, so I had my brother distract him while I took the Intellivision out of the box and replaced it with books. He left, not knowing I had made the switch, and I was in my glory.

I felt guilty, phoned and told him the truth. He and his dad were furious!!!

40 years later, I still remember that. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Nothing to do with your post but...

I remember when I was a kid and my friend had the amazing (for its time) Intellivision. He would bring it over and we would play for hours.

Then, one night, he was going to take it home, so I had my brother distract him while I took the Intellivision out of the box and replaced it with books. He left, not knowing I had made the switch, and I was in my glory.

I felt guilty, phoned and told him the truth. He and his dad were furious!!!

I remember that almost 40 years later. :laugh:
Great story! Yeah, it was quite the system in its day. My buddy and I each had one when I was a kid and our sports game competitions were intense!
Intellivision Baseball and football were exceptional games back in 1979.

Reactions: The Apologist

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Great story! Yeah, it was quite the system in its day. My buddy and I each had one when I was a kid and our sports game competitions were intense!
Intellivision Baseball and football were exceptional games back in 1979.
Amen. I had Atari :thumbd:. Good Lord, the difference between Intellivision and Atari was night and day.

And yes, football was the best.

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Just an FYI: they released an Intellivision flashback system a few years ago with about 60 built in games. It's like a smaller version of the original. It's pretty inexpensive too!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just an FYI: they released an Intellivision flashback system a few years ago with about 60 built in games. It's like a smaller version of the original. It's pretty inexpensive too!
Thanks for the info but I'm too old for that stuff now.

I sure wish I was a kid, again. Being 14, before I noticed girls, was the BEST! :)

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
I was really hoping Marner would be a good boy and take a home town discount and be the captain.

My vote is for JT now, alternate being captain Morgan.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Simmons just tweeted Shanny told him there will be a captain this year, but didn't say who *obviously.

My bet is JT or AM. Do you go with the kid and put more pressure on him? Or do you go with JT a guy whose worn it and also the hometown kid...though in the room and off the ice, if AM has grown that much into a real good leader I think you give it to him. We've heard before that with new team mates and such AM was the first to reach out etc..I'd be good with either.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I've said for a while that it should be Rielly. Not just to prevent temper tantrums, but he's got the tenure, and on-ice demeanor, and the ability to handle the media with great poise. I don't know this for sure, but I can imagine he's quite vocal in the room too.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
If anyone watched the players interviews today Matthews as captain is all but done. Morgan straight up refused to even entertain the thought of being captain and mentioned how they have "young leaders" in the room ready for the job essentially.

It seems like Rielly and Tavares have already been notified when it comes to Auston getting the C because their tones have changed completely. Not to mention Auston coming out openly accepting that he wants the C.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
JT is my fav player in hockey b4 he came to Toronto.

Matthews is about to b named captain.

Here's why I think it is a good thing!

To win a cup, we need him to become a dominant force throughout.

We have a great group of leaders around him.

JT and Spezza (he'll help in the room), Marner is like a light in Amsterdam right now!

Mo, Muzzy and We will see Barrie's leadership skills shortly.

Freddy is a leader.

And Muzz is the oldest at~30... roops Spezza

I just hope Matty can handle the grind of the media, I really dont think he ll look forward to that.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
A lot of insiders are speculating it will be Matthews. I think it ends up being him by the start of the season, and hopefully this Marner circus is done by then. Of course Tavares and Rielly will be the A's. I have huge expectations for Matthews coming into this season if he is named captain.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
tsn. is now indicating and saying the leafs are real, I mean treal close to naming its legendary captain for years. Us experienced followers have already put the peaces of the puzzle together and KNOW itll be matthews for certainly and what a fine choise it is. But yeah to all of the rest of y'all, matthews will be named shortly. Now lets follow sports and some other interesting facts. It' is happening soon.

Reactions: kb

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Will Matthews recent legal charges give the edge to JT ?

AA537349-D759-4CBB-A21A-D11C91A1290E.jpeg

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I've been advocating Tavares for captain but it had nothing to do with contract status. I don't hold it against any player for going for the most money possible.

That said, the fact that Tavares could have made himself the richest guy in the NHL, and could have gotten an 8 year term to boot, but CHOSE to come here and be here and not push for maximum value that he could have gotten easily just underlines exactly why he should have already been captain.

If not Tavares, it should be Reilly.

Said this in February and still feel the same way. It has nothing to do with the news events of this week.

I can't even believe it's taken this long but I guess they wanted him to play at least a year here.

He''s our most accomplished player finishing top 3 in Hart twice. He has captain experience. He's flawless in front of the media. He plays 82 games the right way. He's a mature dude. He gets the toughest match ups. He lives here 12 months a year. And he sacrificed the most to be here. Just put the C on him already.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
How about you just give it to the best candidate? That is Morgan Rielly, but no reason to make up political reasons.

Any player who would mad that they didn't get the C didn't deserve it in the first place.
A.M., J.T. and M.G. are all terrific candidates.

All things considered equal, give it to the one that makes everyone less jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad