Value of: JT Compher to Montreal

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What would be the asking price on Compher to the Habs?

I like the potential there for him and feel he would be a piece and of the right age to move forward with the team.

So what would be the Price. I’m thinking based on this seasons success as a young team maybe the Avalanche would maybe like to add some veteran experience now, kind of like Toronto with Hainsey and Marleau.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Clickbait crap. Please shut this down, not funny.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Jokes aside, I would definitely welcome this kid kid to the Habs. Don't think he's necessarily available though.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He's not untouchable or overpriced but there's no reason to trade him. He fits the team's new identity well. He struggled with injuries and a sophomore slump but did well in the playoffs I thought. Good all-around game and is faster than anyone not named MacK. I'd prefer to keep him and see how he progresses this upcoming season.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I’d add to Compher for Galchenyuk. Just saying. Habs fans probably aren’t into that though.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
I’d add to Compher for Galchenyuk. Just saying. Habs fans probably aren’t into that though.

Unless the add really addresses Habs needs (C/LHD), I doubt it too. By then, you'd probably think your paying too much for Galchenyuk.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs have a gritty, hardworking, defensive player that sacrifices his body. Excels under pressure for an important goal. He is often injured due to his style of play, but returns early with a tendency to play through injury.

He fits the AVs youth and skill rebuild, with 2LW or 3C upside. If traded, AVs are looking at a young RW, LHD or G.

Problem is the Habs are likely keeping their youth which leads to picks. Habs own 4 - 2nds. AVs already own 2 - 2nds. So unless the AVs are offered 2 - 2nd round picks to roll the dice on getting another Compher, I can’t see a deal being made between them. They’re just terrible trading partners seeking young players for a rebuild.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Unless the add really addresses Habs needs (C/LHD), I doubt it too. By then, you'd probably think your paying too much for Galchenyuk.

Yeah that’s what I suspected. My add was more along the lines of one of our extra seconds or even the 16th overall. I really like Galchenyuk and I think he could be massive behind MacKinnon given enough rope, but he’s just enough of a gamble that paying top dollar for him isn’t really a good idea.

We have three forwards that can either grab the 2C role and run with it or are destined to be wingers, and at this point it’s still too early to tell for sure. Paying a premium to add Chucky to that pool only for him to wind up in the same boat long term isn’t feasible.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sorry Compher isn't for sale. No need to move a young guy who works his butt off and will play any role and do anything to help the team win.

We finally just got some nice young players were not about to start moving them. And aging veterans is about the last thing we are looking for. Sakic just said in his end of the year presser that he still looking to get even younger and faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad