JR Smith is at it again, accused of choking NYC teen

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
19-year old high school student. Somebody repeated a grade.

Possibly.

Not sure if it's a thing elsewhere but I knew a bunch of people who did a 'victory lap' in high school and did another year despite having all the credits to graduate. Can raise their grades...get their life together..etc.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Possibly.

Not sure if it's a thing elsewhere but I knew a bunch of people who did a 'victory lap' in high school and did another year despite having all the credits to graduate. Can raise their grades...get their life together..etc.

You could do that? I hated HS and school growing up but if I knew about that I would have done that because community college was like an expensive extension of HS

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
19-year old high school student. Somebody repeated a grade.
I never repeated a grade, but I don't see why its a big deal. People aren't robots that just churn through the system, some people need to repeat, some people need to upgrade, some people get good grades.

DyerMaker66*

You could do that? I hated HS and school growing up but if I knew about that I would have done that because community college was like an expensive extension of HS
In Canada you can. It's great because you only have to take the courses you actually want to take. I don't even know if there's a minimum.

I did it for exactly the reason you stated: To save money for a year while still going to school.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Possibly.

Think that's just a Canada thing. Down here they just try to push you through the system whether you've succeeded, or are ready or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->