Rumor: Jr. Preds may be dissolved

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I would tend to think that once the new ice is done, it will be revived. Somebody (and I don't remember where I read it this morning) said the preds did not agree with some decisions that A-Game made and the preds pulled out. I don't know what it was, but I wouldn't be so hasty to drag the preds thru the mud if it was a moral decision.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Since we are awaiting further confirmation as well as more background, I'll label this as a rumor. I will change as necessary.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I don't think the Jr Predators meeting and voting to dissolve the Jr Predators leads it to be just a rumor. Doubt someone would put the facts in a documented enail if it was a lie or just a rumor.

Said it will be made public in next 24-48 hours.

Either way i was expecting to have teams at A game as well as the new ice as a sign the game is growing. I guess i was wrong.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I would tend to think that once the new ice is done, it will be revived. Somebody (and I don't remember where I read it this morning) said the preds did not agree with some decisions that A-Game made and the preds pulled out. I don't know what it was, but I wouldn't be so hasty to drag the preds thru the mud if it was a moral decision.

What the people who post here already have their pitchforks out before they know what the facts are? Shocking. :shakehead

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm sure once the new rink is opened a new travel team will start up. Travel teams come and go, if this one goes away, another one will pop into it's place.

Right now, there's a huge void for ice here with Centennial Sportsplex shutting down for the summer for repairs and the new rink still not completed.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
From what I can gather, and it may not all be correct, but i don't not trust this person

The pitchforks actually should be directed at the AAA Thunder out of Huntsville. They apparently have territorial rights over 5 states. Tennessee is one of them. (AAA feeds junior programs I believe, and that is where serious looks happen.) Jr. Preds applied to become a AAA club/member and Thunder said no.

There is a group at A-Game that is keeping the AA team together, just not under the Preds banner. So youth hockey isn't going away. It will just have a different name.

On another note, Jr. Preds had their challenges and this may be the best thing for them. I do think they will be back along with a slew of other programs and teams when the new ice is done.

relax...

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I heard months ago that the new ice in Antioch was going to be used primarily by the Jr Preds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad